Twenty One

"Stop doing that!" Luke whined, letting out a laugh as he placed his hand in front of Michael's phone, blocking his face. He brought his iced tea to his lips, taking a sip as he saw Michael continue to film him.

"I'm snapping the chat." Michael chuckled. "Isn't that what this thing is supposed to do?"

"Snap yourself." Luke rolled his eyes playfully, taking Michael's phone from him and starting to film. Michael watched with a playful smile as Luke reached over for Michael's frapuccino, using Michael's lack of focus to his advantage as he nudged Michael's face with the whipped cream on the top of his drink.

"Hey!" Michael exclaimed, reaching to wipe the cold substance from his face as Luke let out a loud laugh. He didn't even bother to ask Michael if he could add the video to his story. He did it anyways, adding 'when being annoying backfires. x L'

Luke knew by now that everyone was aware that he was with Michael. With the countless videos and candid pictures of Luke that Michael had posted in the car, he was a hundred percent sure that Twitter was going absolutely crazy with rumours and drama and whatnot. Luke, on the other hand, was ignoring all of it and simply enjoying his time with the musician he liked. Michael was fun and down to earth, and Luke liked that. Not many of the celebrities he had met were like that (with exceptions of a few) and it was something Luke thought was really nice.

"So," Luke cleared his throat, taking another sip of his drink as he looked over at Michael. "How have you been feeling lately?"

"Is this supposed to be you easing into the topic of those dumb HQ pictures from a few nights ago?" Michael asked with a smirk, knowing exactly where Luke was coming from. Dealing with people for a living, Michael had learned how to point those kinds of thing out. He knew Luke meant no harm, and that the blond was only looking out for Michael's wellbeing, but embarrassing the blond a little more was always something Michael was up for.

"What?" Luke gasped, looking down so that the red haired man couldn't spot the blushing on his cheeks. "No! It was just an innocent question."

"Sure it was." Michael snorted. "And honestly, yeah I'm fine. Shit with Luna is shit with Luna, it doesn't really bother me that much."

Luke frowned, tilting his head slightly as he raised an eyebrow. "How so? She's your girlfriend, it should bother you."

"She wasn't my girlfriend." Michael shrugged, picking at the napkin sat on the table. He glanced around, eyes focusing on every face sat around the coffee shop before landing on Luke again. He quickly looked away, avoiding the blond's curious gaze as he breathed in deeply. "Like, we were getting together and stuff, I guess, but she wasn't my girlfriend."

"Come on," Luke scoffed. "She came all the way back to Australia with you for this tour. This must have been something more than just a hook up."

Michael clicked his tongue, cringing slightly. Luke didn't know what he expected Michael to say. He knew he had a much closer relationship with Michael than any other fan, but he was still just a fan. Michael wasn't going to confide all his problems and feelings in him and Luke knew why. It just wasn't something that happened, even though everything that had happened to him so far wasn't something that normally happened anyways. He felt weird, completely out of his comfort zone because he had never been in such situation, where we wasn't sure if he was a friend or fan. He was confused and he could tell Michael was too.

"She was more than just a hook up." Michael sighed heavily, shaking his head. "I did want her as a girlfriend at one point but I just didn't know if I could trust her. After the stunt with the paparazzi, I knew I couldn't." He seemed genuinely upset, making Luke feel sorry for him. "It's like, I don't care if she hints the paparazzi, as long as I know about it. I didn't know about it and that's what pissed me off. I hate the spotlight when it's unexpected."

"You must get a lot of it though, being famous and everything." Luke remarked after a long silence, biting his lower lip as he tried to think of something to say.

"I do. But, you know, it comes with the job. I just don't like when it comes from someone I trust. And trusting someone when you're under the spotlight is really hard."

"I can imagine."

"It's weird though." Michael frowned, looking down at his hands before looking at Luke again. "Somehow, I feel like I can trust you."