Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 4

Recap:

"Miss Leveridge, meet Professor Snape."

Professor Snape grumbled as I curtly nodded my head, already disliking the snooty, depressing man.

"He has agreed to adopt you during your time at Hogwarts."

I turned to look at Professor Dumbledore, a shocked and irritated look on my face. When looked back up at Professor Snape, I could see him scowling just as much as me, as though anything was better than looking after a tempremental 15 year old, with a short temper, and no knowledge of magic whatsoever.

But what coudl be worse then being looked after by a grumpy, non-comital vampire lookalike?!

This was going to be fun. <ha ha> Not.

CHAPTER 4

After a minute of hateful staring, Professor Dumbledore finally decided to break the silence.

"Hagrid, can you please show Amelie to her room, to get ready for dinner"

"Of course Proessor Dumbledore, Come on Miss Leveridge"

Hagrid ushered me out of the room, away from the spiteful glares of Severus Snape.

"What's his problem!" I shouted, stomping down the corridor.

"Well, miss Leveridge, I'm afraid I can't asnwer that question. He's been like that as long as I can remember"

"Hmmm"

"Ah, here we are" Hagrid said as he pushed through a soldi wood door. A large living room came to greet me, it was as dull and dark as Professor Snape, and you could tell that it was where he lived.

"This here is Professor Snape's sleeping quarters, and this here" He said, pushing open another door" Is yours." It was wonderful.

A plush, four poster bed stood in the middle of the room, opposite an antique wardrobe and trunk. Another wooden door was left open to reveal a private bathroom, and a large fireplace lit the whole room.

"Wow" I breathed, staeing at the room with awe.

Hagrid walked over to the bed and placed down my shopping bags "Now, you're bag is on you're bed, with your shopping bags, and Professor Dumbledore has filled your wardrobe with new clothes."

I opened the wardrobe to reveal jeans, skirts, trouser, shorts, t-shirts, vests, jumpers and hoodies hanging up, all different colours.

"Now, you better go get showered, and dressed, and meet me in the living room in half an hour, and I'll escort you to dinner."

"Ok..." I said, grabbing a pair of black trousers a red jumper, and some low, black heels. As well as some underware I found in the trunk. I jumped in the shower, the refreshing hot water washing away the thick layer of grime that covered my body, and warming me to the core. It felt so nice to finally live in luxury.

After washing my hair with shampoo, I began thinking about Professor Snape. Why was he so hateful? I mean, what had I done wrong. I didn't choose him for my adoptive "father"! God, he was so annoying.

After 10 more minutes, I stepped out the shower, and got dressed. I brushed my hair with the brush i found in a bathroom cupboard, and looked in the mirror. Wow, I scrubbed up good. Let's hope I met the standards of the Oh-so-amazing Severus Snape.

I walked into the living room, smirking, to find Snape, instead of Hagrid.

"What are you smirking at, child?" He demanded, in his monotonal voice. I just glared at him.

"Where's Hagrid?" I asked, non-comitally. Severus glared at me.

"Professer Hagrid has had to go and tend to some urgent business, so I am taking you to dinner instead." He sounded less than impressed.

I sighed.

"Ok then."

Severus scowled at me before turning on his heel, his large cloak swishing behind him.

"Come child" He commanded, and walked out of the room.

I rolled my eyes.

"Stupid git" I muttered, shooting daggers at the back of his head.

"I can hear you, you know" Snape grumbled, in his irritating voice.

I smiled sweetly. " I know" I said, in my sugary sweet voice.

"Typical Mudblood" He grumbled. God, he's so grumpy!

"I can hear you, you know" I replied, mimicking what he had said earlier.

He span round and glared at me, while I smiled sweetly.

"Here" he said, pushing through to a small dining hall.

I followed him in, smiling at Professor Dumbledore who sat at a table in the centre.

I walked towards him, and sat down beside him, with Snape opposite. Great, just great. I get to spend all evening having a glaring contest with the oh-so-brilliant Professor Snape.

Yeah, I was so looking forward to being Severus Snape's adoptive Daughter. Yay <not>.