Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 15

Recap:

"Think of your happiest memory, Amelie"

I thought about my first day at Hogwarts. And when I met Neville. My first, and best friend.

"Expecto Patronum!" The blue light coming from my wand created a huge snake, that slivered through the air.

I just stood there, staring at it, just like everyone else.

CHAPTER 15

It was amazing.

"Wow" Breathed Neville, just as shocked as I was.

"Well done Amelie!" Harry shouted, giving my shoulder a friendly squeeze.

"That's truly amazing!!"

The next few weeks passed exactly the same. I grew closer to Neville, Harry and Ron, and maintained my confused relationship with Severus.

"Amelie!" Neville caught me up as I left the room of requirement.

"Hey Neville!"

"Don't forget, tomorrow is our only trip to Hogsmead before christmas."

"Oh, darn it. Thanks for reminding me Neville!" I dashed down the corridor, leaving Neville standing confused behind me.

I had just made it to Snape's quarters when I ran into someone.

"Ah, sorry sir" I said, picking myself up off the floor.

"Look where you're going!!" I looked up to see a moody Snape glaring down at you.

"I said sorry didn't I.." I mumbled, not wanting him to hear.

"Where were you rushing off to anyway?"

"I was coming to find you, actually professor." He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh. I'm guessing that this is about the Hogsmeade trip tomorrow??"

"Yes sir. I was going to ask wether you could-" He handed me the permission slip, already signed.

"Oh. Thank you professor!" I shouted exitedly. Tomorrow was going to be awesome!! He glared at me. I turned to walk back to the common room when he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Amelie..."

"Yes sir?"

"Do be careful tomorrow. You know what Malfoy is like." I definately did.

"Of course sir. Goodnight!" I span round on my heel, and ran down the corridor.

"Goodnight Amelie." He replied, in his un-emotional monotone voice. I could have sworn I had detected some warmth...

I waltzed into my dorm room, to see Hermionie sitting on her bed, glaring at me. In all the time I had been living at Hogwarts, I'd begun to warm to her. Sure, she was a bossy know-it-all, but she was also incredibly sweet, when she wanted to be.

"Where have you been?" She asked, in a tone of voice that reminded me of someone's mother.

"I was talking to Neville..." I replied, not counting my visit to Snape as something of high importance. She raised her eyebrow at me.

"What?"

"Nothing...Nothing.." She said in a singsong voice, before climbing into bed.

After changing into my pajamas I settled into my bed.

"Neville likes you, you know." Hermionie said, matter-of-factly, before turning out the light.

I barely slept that night. I was too busy thinking about what Hermionie said. Was she being serious? Did Neville like me? Did I like Neville?

I must have dozed off at one point, because when I opened my eyes, it was morning.

I struggled into some black jeans, leather boots, and a thick, coral jumper, before slipping my robe over my head.

The dining hall was awash with exited mutterings, as everyone was looking forward to going to Hogsmeade.

"I'm going to buy Harry some sweets!"

"No, I'm going to buy Harry some sweets!" I smiled as Fred and George started bickering about what Christmas presents they were going to buy. I couldn't believe it!! Christmas was next week! And we only had tomorrow left at school! Which reminds me, I better ask Snape wether I can spend christmas with Ron and Harry at the Weasley's

Neville slunk into the seat next to me, and wrapped his arm round my shoulders.

"Hey Neville!"

"Hey Amelie!" I looked up into his smiling face, before realsing that I'd been staring at him for too long. A blush crept onto my face as I turned back to my half finished breakfast.

"Are you sure it's alright if I come and stay with you guys over christmas?" I asked Ron and Harry. To be honest, I was dreading having to spend christmas stuck with Snape. He was a grinch at the best of times, but at christmas, I knew he'd be worse.

"Of course!" Ron replied "Will it be alright with Snape though?" I felt Nevilles arm tighten when he heard that name. I sighed.

"I'll ask him tonight..." They nodded, and we stood up to go to Hogsmeade.