Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 7

Recap:

It was obvious that she thought that the owl was from Dumbledore, and it hurt him to think that Amelie wouldn't even consider him as the one who had given her the owl. The first, openly nice thing he had done for that child, and she didn't even think that it was him. The fact that she didn't think that he could have been nice enough to give her that owl made him angry, with himself.

He watched her fussing with the owl, until she eventually fell asleep, and sighed. Turning round, he walked to his room and collapsed onto his bed, falling into a dreamless sleep.

CHAPTER 7

Amelie's P.O.V.

When I awoke, it finally dawned on me.

Today was my first ever day at Hogwarts.

After showering, I put on my uniform, bar my robe, and almost skipped into the living room. Instead of the normally grumpy Severus Snape, I was met with the almost evil Professor Snape. He was in the worst mood that I had ever seen him in. He served me breakfast, but kept snapping at me about anything and everything, until eventualy I just got up and left.

After packing everything into my trunk, I grabbed the cage with Albus in it, and slung my robe over my arm. I slowly dragged the trunk into the living to find Hagrid standing in the doorway, a moody Snape glaring at him from the other side of the room.

"Are you ready Miss Leveridge?" Hagrid asked, walking over to pick up my trunk. I nodded, and walked past snape, blanking him completely, and followed Hagrid out of the door and round to the back of the castle, where his motorbike was still sitting.

Somehow Hagrid managed to fit my trunk and Albus' cage into the side car as I slipped my robe over my head. My reflection in the side of the motorbike reminded me a lot of Professor Snape, with his black flowing cloak, and Onyx coloured eyes. I sighed wearily and climbed onto the back of the motorbike, and Hagrid took us up into the air.

We landed in an alleyway behind a railway station, and Hagrid gave me my things and told me to find platform 9 and 3/4 by myself because he had to go somewhere. I nodded nervously and dragged my stuff into the station. When I reached platform 9, I looked around for platform 9 and 3/4 but could only see platform 10. I sighed and slumped down next to the dividing pillar, waiting for someone else from hogwarts to help me.

Eventually, I saw two older boys with fiery hair, one boy with the same hair, the same age as me and a girl also with red hair a year younger than me, walk towards me.

"Are you looking for platform 9 and 3/4?" Asked one of the older boys, who were obviously twins. I just nodded and stood up.

"We'll help you" said the other twin. "I'm Fred by the way, Fred Weasley " he said, "and this here is George" he said, pointing to his twin."This is Ron, and this is Ginny."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Amelie Leveridge" I smiled at the family, and Fred stepped forward.

"To get to platform 9 and 3/4 you need to run through that wall" he said, pointing at the wall I had been leaning against. I nodded, looking slightly dazed. Then George started talking.

"It's your first time then is it?" He asked, and I just nodded.

"Follow us then!" They said, at the same time, as they ran, one after the other into the wall. Ron gestured for me to go next, and I ran full pace through the wall, and arrived at platform 9 and 3/4. A few seconds later, Ron and Ginny had arrived behind me, and we walked towards the old fashioned train that waited in the tracks, the hogwarts logo on the side.

"So how come I haven't seen you before?" Ron asked, walking alongside me.

"Well, I only found out I was a witch 2 weeks ago, when Professor Dumbledore came and found me, and took me to hogwarts."