Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 20

Recap:

"Your behaviour is unacceptable Amelie! You now have detention tonight after dinner."

"Who with?"

"Well seeing as I have some more urgent business to attend to, you will be having detention with Professor Umbridge."

"What!" I asked shocked. "No!!"

"Do you have a problem with that?" He glared at me.

"No..." I mumbled, looking at my feet.

"Good." And with that he flounced off down the corridor, his cloak flapping dramatically behind him.

Great. My hand had just healed over, and now my 'father' has sent me for more torture with Umbridge. Could this day get any better?!!!

CHAPTER 20

The answer is yes. And it did. Turns out quidditch tryouts are after school today. At the same time as my detention.

"Harry...." I whined, nudging him with my shoulder as we walked towards the great hall.

"What?"

"You know the quidditch tryouts..."

"Yes..." He responded, getting kind of impatient.

"Well...SnapesgivenmedetentionsoIcan'tcome..."

"What?!!"

"I said-"

"I know what you said! But why!!"

"Fred and George." Those three simple words and Harry knew what I meant.

"Those idiots!! You're great at quidditch! There is no way you wouldn't get on the team!! And now you don't get to try out?!!"

"I know! But isn't there a way that I could try out before dinner? Because after dinner I have to go to Umbridge's office-"

"Did you just say Umbridge's office? I thought you said you had detention with Snape." I could sense that Harry was starting to worry.

"Yeah, well he can't make it. So I have detention with Umbridge instead." He gave me a worried glance. "I'll be fine Harry." I gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze. He sighed with frustration.

"Fine! We'll do your tryouts before dinner."

"Oh my god!! Thank you Harry!!" I squealed and crushed him into a hug.

"But promise me you'll go to Madame Pomfrey after your detention. We don't want you ending up in hospital again."

"Of course Harry!" I lied, crossing my fingers behind my back.

"Listen, I'll see you later." I said, running to catch up with Neville. I jumped and wrapped my arms round the back of his neck.

"Wha-Oh, it's you." Neville said, as I dropped back down onto the floor.

"What's wrong? You don't seem very happy to see me!" I teased, grabbing his hand with mine.

"You know that's not true." He replied, grinning. I leant up to kiss him, but was knocked out the way by none other than Snape.

"Oh come on!!" I shouted after him.

"Why don't we just go to breakfast?" Neville said, pulling me towards the great hall.

"Not without this!" I said and this time, pulled him down into a kiss.

"So are you trying out for the quidditch team?" Neville asked as we sat down for breakfast."I think so, but there's no way I'll make it." Ron and Hermionie looked at me in disbelief.