Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 22

Recap:

"Albus. You know don't you? You know who her real parents are." He smiled at me.

"I have my suspicions."

"Who do you think they are?"

"I thought you said that you didn't care?" Oh great, I forgot about that.

"Goodbye Severus." And with that, he ushered me out of his office, wondering just who Amelie's real parents were.

CHAPTER 22

Neville's P.O.V.

Snape strode into the classroom, his cape flapping dramatically behind him.

"Silence!" I noticed how on-edge he was, and how Amelie still hadn't returned from her meeting with Dumbledore, after 4 hours! I raised my hand.

"Longbottom?" He asked in a dry and bored tone.

"Where's Amelie sir?"

"Miss Leveridge is in her dorm...recovering."

"Recovering from what?!"

"That is none of your business." I was starting to get worried now.

"I think it is."

"Oh? And how so?!" He snarled.

"She is my...friend. And I want to know what has happened to her." I could have swarn Snape was being purposely unhelpful.

"Detention Longbottom."

"What?! Why?!"

"For backchatting a teacher." He drawled. I clenched my fists. I was so close to walking over there and punching him right in his abnormally large nose, but seeing as he was Amelie's 'Dad', I refrained myself.

"Meet me in my office after dinner."

As soon as I was released from Potions, which was my last lesson of the day, I ran straight to our common room, to see no sign of Amelie.

"Hermionie. Could you please check in your dorm for Amelie?"

"Why..?"

"I haven't seen her all day. And Snape said that she was recovering from something."

"Oh, ok." A minute later, she returned down stairs.

"She's not in there."

"What? Where is she then?"

"How am I meant to know?! Why don't you try the rest of the castle?" I sighed, and ran out to the grounds. After checking the lake, Hagrid's hut, , most of the corridors and the Library, but still no luck. I even sent Hermionie into all the girls' toilets. Soon enough, I had to go to dinner, so I checked with Harry and the others.

"Have any of you guys seen Amelie?"

"What? Why?" Why couldn't Ron just answer my question?!

"Because, I haven't seen her all day."

"No, sorry."

"I haven't seen her either. Should we be worried?" Harry asked, seemingly the only other person concerned about Amelie.

"I'm not sure..." We were interupted by the looming figure of Snape.

"Longbottom. Detention. Now." He grabbed my collar and hauled me up out of my seat.

I marched after him to the dungeons.

"Today you will be alphabetising the potions cupboard." He gestured to the cupboard brimming with jars and viles of strange ingredients.