Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 23

Recap:

"Yeah. So if you're gonna kill me, kill me now. Because I have nothing to live for. The parents who loved me are dead. My real parents disowned me before I could even sit up. And Snape will never love me like a daughter. So go ahead. Cos I'm sick of people saving me."

Malfoy looked at me, confused.

"Won't your boyfriend be upset?"

"Who, Neville?" He nodded. "Probably. But I'm easily replaceable. So just do it!"

"Oh. Ok then." He walked closer to me.

"Avada Kedavra!" I slumped to the floor, as Draco laughed, and walked away.

"Father will be pleased." He muttered, walking out through the trees.

CHAPTER 23

Snape's P.O.V.

Seeing Amelie, lying in that forest, was just too much to bear. As much as I'd hate to admit it, I cared about Amelie, so it hurt me to see her that ill.

I ran out of the hospital, my fists clenched, dead set on finding Malfoy.

And there he was. Strutting pompously down an empty corridor.

"Malfoy!" I growled, marching right up to him.

"Good evening Professor." He had an evil glint in his eye, and he was smirking ever so slightly.

"What. Did you do. To Amelie?!" I had to grit my teeth to stop myself from saying something regrettable.

"Oh, that useless mudblood. I killed her, a couple of hours ago now." He said smugly

"What?!" I pinned him to the wall by his collar.

"Yeah, I killed her. Well, actually, she asked me to kill her, and so did father, so who am I to refuse?" He didn't act very scared, but I could see, in his eyes, that he was teriffied of what I might do to him.

I let him down, struggling to cope with the fact that my daughter had asked to be killed.

"Why?!"

"She said something along the lines of you don't love her, so there's no point in living anymore."

"No! No! She can't have asked to be killed...she wouldn't. Why does your father want her dead?!"

"He says that she's too powerful, a threat even. Which I think is stupid. Because I hit her with the 'Avada Kedavra' curse, and she didn't do anything."

"What?!" I growled, raising my wand to his face.

"I swear, if Lucius wasn't your Father, I would kill you where you stand." And with that, I stormed back down the corridor, and to the hospital ward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amelie's P.O.V.

Sunlight burned through my eyelids, and my head was pounding. I groaned, and covered my eyes with my hand.

"Amelie?" A quiet, caring voice asked from somewhere beside me.

"N..Neville?" I blinked my eyes a couple of time, and they focused on the distraught boy standing next to me.

"Oh my god! Amelie!! I was so worried." He crushed me into a hug.

"W...where am I? Why aren't I dead?"

"What? You're in the hospital, Amelie. Me and Snape found you unconscious in the forest a couple of hours ago."