Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 26

Recap:

"Yeah..." I sighed. "I really want some icecream." I grinned like a maniac before chucking my broom in my bag, and running up to the castle.

"Amelie!" Harry shouted after me.

"Yeah?" I span round to face him.

"Room of Requirements that way." He pointed in the opposite direction.

"I knew that!"

CHAPTER 26

Snape's POV

Loud knocking jerked me from my reading. I looked up from my desk to see my office door moving under the strength of what was on the other side.

"What!" I shouted angrily, as a headache began to throb through my skull. I stormed from my seat, my robe flapping manically behind me. I yanked the old wooden door open to find a small woman looking up at me.

"Severus Snape, I presume?" She asked in a snooty, and familiar voice. Her long dark hair was pulled into a bun, her deep green eyes bore into mine, as she stepped into the room. She wore a tight fitting white shirt with matching skirt and suit jacket in navy, and her ridiculously high-heeled shoes barely made up for her lack of height. Her skin was tanned and smooth, making her look ten years younger than her real age of 35, or so I guessed.

"Yes?" I asked irritatedly.

"Melissa Walker." She went to raise her hand for a handshake, but obviously thought better of it.

"What do you want?" I grunted, walking back over to my desk.

"My daughter." She replied simply, smirking slightly.

"And why are you talking to me?"

"I believe you know her." She responded, walking closer to me. "Her name is Amelie. Unless those idiotic muggle adoptive parents of hers changed it."

"Amelie?" I was more than a little confused. "You mean my daughter?!" She laughed a bitter laugh.

"I do believe that she isn't your real daughter, now Severus. Wouldn't you rather I took her off your hands? Afterall, she is mine, and we both know that you don't care about her."

"That's not true." I growled.

"Really Severus. Are you sure?" She asked in an irritatingly patronising voice.

"Get out of my office!" I barked, glaring at her.

"Not without my daughter."

"She's my daughter! And I wont let you take her!" There was no way I was going to let this stuck up woman take Amelie away from me, no matter how much she may annoy me at times.

"My, my. Albus was right! I didn't believe him at first, you see, he thought you might care for her!" She let out a cold laugh. "As if you'd care about anyone."She pointed a long, manicured finger at me. "But you really have excelled yourself Severus." She took a step closer.

"Now I have the authority to tell you the truth." I stepped away from her, glaring at her with confusion and annoyance.

"What's the matter Sevy? Don't you remember me?" She asked in a sugary sweet voice, as fake as her image. Strands of gold appeared in her hair, spreading like cracks across ice. Flecks of blue appeared in her irises, and her face became thinner, and prettier. Her body grew taller, and slimmer, as she smirked at me, watching the recognision on my face.

"Lucinda?" I breathed, trying to stop the anger and sadness that threatened to overwhelm me.

She smiled warmly at me. A smile which broke my heart many years ago.