Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 30

Recap:

"Having you is the only thing that makes being stuck with Mother dearest, bearable." She frowned slightly as she said this, her grudge towards Lucinda holding strong.

"You need to get to your next class. I have a bunch of moronic first years waiting outside." She smiled at me before reaching to open the door. A quick flick of my wand, and she pulled the door open, avoiding the confused stare of the children outside the door.

"What are you staring at?!" She sneered as she walked past. I smirked after her.

She's definately her father's daughter.

Chapter 30

Snape's POV

I strode along the corridor, my head held high, and a scowl set upon my pale face. My robe flowed around my ankles like smoke, and my hair swung limply beside my face. I was happier then I had been for a long time, and this reflected in my mood, negatively.

The crowds parted in my wake, not wanting to be stopped by their evil potions master. Happiness made me want to punish everyone else, for no real reason. I sneered at a bunch of first years whose eyes widened with fear before they scattered, leaving only me and Professor McGonogall in the dimly lit corridor.

"Severus!" Minerva called hurriedly from behind me, pausing my stride.

"Minerva." I span round on my heel, and sent her a bored look.

"Can I have a word with you , in my office?" She asked, worry filling her pale blue eyes.

"I was going to-"

"Now?" She pushed, fixing me a stern stare. I really had no choice in the matter.

I followed her into her warmly furnished office, scowling at the Gryffindor insignia that covered the walls.

"Severus. Please, sit." She gestured towards a plush red chair, as she sat behind her desk. I just looked at her, before remaining standing.

"I have a very important matter to discuss with you Severus." She swallowed nervously, before fixing her thin-rimmed glasses that had gone ascew.

"Well?" I pressed, in a monotonal, unemotional voice. I really wanted to be in my office, with my potions equipment, possibly spending time with my daughter, not stuck in this office about to be lectured by McGonogall.

"I have recieved news, from one of my Gryffindor first years, that you were alone in a classroom, with a young girl." I raised an eyebrow at her, as if to say 'go on'.

"And that, you locked the doors, with you and, Miss Leveridge I hear, inside."

"You're point being?" Her eyes widened with shock.

"So it is true.." She breathed. She cleared her throat before carrying on. "As I was saying, this reliable source has told me that Miss Leveridge was heard crying, and trying to get out of the room, as well as an argument going on between you." I scowled at her. What trouble has one of those ignorant first-years got me in.

Before I can say anything back, she continued talking again.

"If this is true, then I am going to have to think about what to do with you Severus, because abuse of a student, especially a young girl as vunerable as Amelie, is against the rules, and-" My eyes narrowed with anger and shock. How could she think that I would do anything like that?!

"I can't believe this! You, you actually believe that I was abusing her?!" I roared, outraged.

"I'm afraid so Severus, though it saddens me to hear such disturbing things about such a brilliant member of staff. I think I may have to dismiss you, if not alert the ministry of-"