Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 19

Recap:

"Thank you." I turned to look at Snape. I was completely shocked, I hadn't expected him to get me a present, I could tell how much he hated Christmas.

This time I knew what I was doing, and ran up to him, wrapping my arms round him, the bracelet still clutched in my hand. He didn't tense as much as the last time I tried to hug him, but he didn't exactly hug me back. I didn't care though, because he didn't push me away. I heard him sigh, as I slowly removed my arms from around him, and looked up at his pale face.

"I really love it." His lips twitched, as though trying to smile, before he walked out of the room, leaving me wondering whether he cared about just a little bit more than he let on.

CHAPTER 19

The rest of the holidays passed without a hitch. I would get up everyday, and just mess around with my friends, pulling pranks on Mr and Mrs Weasley with Fred and George, practicing quidditch with Ron and Harry, and reading with Hermionie.

I'd decided that I wanted to try out for the Quidditch team when we got back, much to the disaproval of Snape, who was no longer glaring at me all the time. Sure, we weren't on father-daughter terms just yet, but it was a step in the right direction.

Before I knew it, it was time to return to Hogwarts. I hurriedly repacked my suitcase, and ran downstairs.

"I guess I'll see you back at Hogwarts, Professor." I said to Snape, lugging my stuff down the stairs.

"I guess so Amelie." He replied, his lips twitching upwards. Wait, was that a SMILE?!!! Severus Snape nearly smiled?!! What was wrong with him?!

I ran smiling out into the street, grinning like a maniac, to see the others standing round the portkey.

"Sorry guys, I just had to say goodbye to Sevy." I smirked at the nickname I'd given him. I knew he'd hate it, but seeing as we had been getting on a bit better recently, I felt I could chance it.

We all grabbed the Portkey and were thrown spinning into the air, finally landing down the street from Kings Cross Station.

I lugged my stuff through the station, and onto platform 9 and 3/4. After what seemed like half an hour of struggling, I finally got my trunk into an empty cabin. The others had all managed to fit into one cabin, so I was forced to go on my own. Sighing, I sat down and admired the bracelet Snape got me. Even though I'd only had friends for a couple of months, I still hated being on my own.

"Who'd you get that from?" I turned to the doorway to see Neville standing there.

"Neville!!" I ran up to him, throwing my arms around his neck. He was still tense, there was something wrong with him.

"Did you have a nice Christmas?"

"You haven't answered my question." He resonded harshly.

"Woah, careful there Neville. Someone would think you were jealous." I smirked at him.

"What? No..." Ha ha, so lying. "Just answer my question."

"Sevy gave it to me." I said with a smirk. His face dropped, he was so Jealous.

"Oh. Who's that? You're boyfriend?!" I couldn't take it much longer, and burst out laughing.

"You're such,an, idiot, Neville!!" I shouted between laughs. "Sevy's my nickname for Snape!"

"Oh...Sorry..." He suddenly looked embarassed. I just pulled him down to the seat next to me, and slung my arm round his shoulder.

"So how was your Christmas?"

"It was ok, I supose. My gran was a bit irritating, and I missed you..." He grinned sheepishly.

"I missed you too." I was just about to kiss him when the train screeched to a holt, and I ended up headbutting him.

"Oh, sorry." I laughed, dragging my stuff down from the other chair.

"Here, let me." I smiled up at him as he carried my stuff off the train.

When we made it back to our common room, I said goodnight to the guys and clambered up to my room. After unpacking, I curled up in my bed, and fell into a content sleep.

I was woken up by a rough shake on my shoulders.

"Mmm-heyy!" I shouted, trying to swat whoever was trying to wake me up, away. I heard a sly chuckle before I was drenched in ice cold water.

"George! Fred! I'm gonna Hex you guys soo bad!!!" I yelled, jumping out of bed, and chasing them into the common room, pointing my wand at them.

"Anteoculatia!" "Densaugeo!!" Instantly a pair of tall, dark antlers sprouted from George's head, and Fred's teeth began to swell and enlarge.

"Oh my god!!!" I burst out laughing, before running and locking myself in my dorm room. There was no way I was gonna let them get me back, after what I'd just done to them.

After hurriedly drying myself - no point in showering after the twins delightful wake up call - I got changed into my uniform, slung my bag over my shoulder and put up an umbrella. I stormed down the stairs as a torrent of purple goo splashed over the umbrella.

"No fair! You're cheating!"They shouted. I laughed at them before dashing out of the door and into the corridor, disposing of the goo soaked umbrella in a nearby plant pot.

The now de-hexed Fred and George ran after me, and grabbed both my arms, dragging me back into the purple goo filled common room.

"Noooo!! Get off me!!"I shouted at them.

"Weasleys! I suggest you remove your hands from Miss Leveridge before I forcibly remove them." Snape drawled, standing glaring at us in the corridor. They quickly let go of me.

"Sorry sir." "Yeah, sorry sir." They mumbled, embarassed. Their faces had flushed as red as their hair, I chuckled, only to get Snape to glare darkly at me. Fred and George made their excuses, and left me standing alone with Snape.

"How're you doing Sevy?" I smiled convincingly.

"Don't Sevy me. What do you think you were doing?"

"Err having fun?" I responded cheekily. His scowl deepened.

"Don't speak to me like that!!

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Your behaviour is unacceptable Amelie! You now have detention tonight after dinner."

"Who with?"

"Well seeing as I have some more urgent business to attend to, you will be having detention with Professor Umbridge."

"What!" I asked shocked. "No!!"

"Do you have a problem with that?" He glared at me.

"No..." I mumbled, looking at my feet.

"Good." And with that he flounced off down the corridor, his cloak flapping dramatically behind him.

Great. My hand had just healed over, and now my 'father' has sent me for more torture with Umbridge. Could this day get any better?!!!