Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 11

Recap:

I pushed through the last few branches, and saw a giant, clutching Amelie in his giant fist. I could see her struggling, and slowly growing tired. Her face was pale, and I could see a trail of blood, glinting in the moonlight, that led to where she was being held. She was getting weaker by the second, as the giants fist grew tighter. Fear gripped my heart, as I ran towards the beast.

"Let go of my daughter!!" I yelled, aiming my wand at the giants head. It looked down at me, as I shouted:

"Petrificus Totalus!" A blinding white light shot at the giant, causing it to freeze, and let go of Amelie, who was now unconscious.

CHAPTER 11

Amelie's P.O.V.

Sunlight flooded my eyes, as I finally regained conciousness. I was in some sort of hospital, with Neville sitting beside my bed, talking to who I assumed was the Matron.

"Is she going to be alright?" He asked, sounding concerned. I smiled at his caring nature. He was nothing like Snape.

"Yes, Mr Longbottom. Mild concussion, a few broken ribs, and substancial blood loss from that hand of hers, but nothing a few days in here won't fix."

"Thanks you" He said, and turned to look at me, smiling at him. He started grinning.

"Amelie! You're awake!" I sat up to hug him, but hissed with pain, so he pushed me back down.

"Hey Neville" I said, failing to keep the joy out of my voice.

"I was so worried!! I heard last night, that you'd been found unconscious after entering the forbidden forest! I thought you were gonna die!"

" fraid you're stuck with me instead" I replied, grinning like a maniac. His face suddenly turned serious, as he leant closer to me.

"What happened Amelie?" He asked, tentatively. "Snape said that he found you in the Forbidden Forest, but that's all he would say."

"Snape?! Has he come to see me?" Neville shook his head.

"Amelie, please tell me, what happened?" I sighed, struggling to remember what had happened last night.

"urrrm...I remember being ambushed by some slytherins on my way back from detention, and then..." I paused, my mind slowly becomeing clearer."and then, he hit me."

"He? Who's he Amelie?" Neville asked, but I just carried on talking.

"and then I ran into the forbidden forest, where...I was attacked, I think. The last person I remember seeing was him."

"Amelie! Tell me who 'he' is!" I gulped.

"Snape...It was Snape." I looked down at my hand, trying to avoid his gaze.

"It's ok, Amelie, he'll get what he deserves." Neville said, menacingly, before starting to walk towards the door.

"Wait! Neville! Don't do anything stupid!!" I shouted after him, before collapsing back down onto my bed. Being hurt sure was exhausting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neville's P.O.V.

I rushed out of the hospital wing, after Amelie told me that it was Snape that had hurt her.

"I'll kill him! I'll kill him!" I muttered under my breath. I wasn't usually this brave, but seeing her lying there, her face pale and full of pain, just made my blood boil.

"Neville!" I was stopped in my tracks by Harry and Ron.

"We heard about Amelie!" Harry said, his voice full of concern.

"Is she ok? What happened?" Ron asked.

"Snape."

"Snape?" Harry asked, confused.

"Snape. Snape was the one who attacked her!" Ron and Harry looked at me in disbelief.

"That Son of a Banshee!" Ron cursed, a murderous look on his face.

"How could he!! I mean, why?!" Harry shouted.

"I always knew he was evil! Ron shouted.

"He needs to be punished!" Harry growled.

"Come on then!" I shouted, pulling them towards the entrance of the dungeons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snape's P.O.V.

After taking Amelie to the hospital wing, I returned to the dungeons.

Did I really hit her? Was that really the reason why she got attacked by that giant? My mind reeled with questions. Each one making me feel like a terrible, terrible person. "I shouldn't hang around here feeling bad about myself! I should be with Amelie, with my...daughter" I thought to myself, but everytime I went to leave the dungeons, a sudden wave of guilt would stop me.

What if she doesn't want to see me? What if she hates me now, afterall, I did hit her. But she shouldn't have wound me up! I collapsed into my chair, and sighed with exasperation.

I had just landed in my chair when Potter, Weasley and Longbottom burst into my office.

"To what do I owe this pleasure, potter." I drawled, in my blank, unemotional voice. They drew there wands, I just smirked at them.

"We're here to teach you a lesson, Snape" Harry growled, as they stepped towards me. Rolling my eyes, I went to draw my own wand when Longbottom shouted "Expelliarmus" and my wand went flying into his hand. I sneered at them.

"Give me my wand, Longbottom."

"No."

"Give it to me!"

"Not until you pay for what you did to Amelie!" I looked at them, shocked.

"What are you talking about." I growled.

"We know what you did Snape." Ron was talking now. "We know that you hit her, and now she's in hospital!"

I glared at him. "You know nothing of what happened Weasley!!"

"We know that you slapped her, and then attacked her in the Forbidden Forest!"

"I did no such thing!" I growled. "How dare you make up such lies!"

"They're not lies, Professor." Neville told me, his eyes filled with hate. "She told me. In the hospital. She told me how her own father hit her, and then how she got attacked in the forest."

"Father?" Ron and Harry gasped, looking at Neville with shock.

"You're her father?!" Harry shouted, taking another step towards me.

"I adopted her, yes. But that gave her no right to talk to me like she did!" I shouted, I knew my side of the argument made little difference. They had already labelled me as the evil man, who hit his daughter.

"You hit your own daughter!! You hit your own daughter just because of how she spoke to you?!" They looked disgusted. I felt disgusted with myself.

"Get out" I growled. "Get out!!!" They looked shocked, before dropping my wand, and running out of the dungeon. I collapsed back in my chair, and held my head in my hands. I had actually hit Amelie, just because of the way she spoke to me?! I was just as bad as those muggle children she had been stuck with.

"I have to go see her" I thought to myself. "Maybe then, she'll understand... and not hate me as much." I highly doubted it. I didn't really understand myself. So how could I expect her to? But any thoughts were soon washed away when I entered the hospital wing...