Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 16

Recap:

"Are you sure it's alright if I come and stay with you guys over christmas?" I asked Ron and Harry. To be honest, I was dreading having to spend christmas stuck with Snape. He was a grinch at the best of times, but at christmas, I knew he'd be worse.

"Of course!" Ron replied "Will it be alright with Snape though?" I felt Nevilles arm tighten when he heard that name. I sighed.

"I'll ask him tonight..." They nodded, and we stood up to go to Hogsmeade.

CHAPTER 16

We trudged through the snow to the quaint little village of Hogsmede. It was the only wizard town in britain, so it was buzzing with hogwarts students. Laughter and magic filled the air as we made our way through the shops, buying our christmas presents.

The last proper Christmas I had was when I was three, with my parents, so I was determined to make this Christmas special.

With the small amount of money Snape had given me - well, I say given, but I actually swiped it from his chambers when he wasn't looking- I managed to buy everyone's presents.

I got Harry a magical glasses case, emerald green to match his eyes, that would never let his glasses break. I got Ron, a box of chocolate frogs. I got Fred and George matching scarves with their initials on, so that I could finally tell them apart. Hermionie has a book on advanced potions, something she might benefit from, and I got Neville brand new, monogrammed Dragon hide gloves, for Herbology.

Snape was difficult to buy for. In the end I decided on a new self-stirring cauldron and a pair of neon-coloured socks. To make a change from his usual outift of black, black and more black.

After several hours of shopping, we finally returned to the common room. I ran up the stairs to my dorm, and began hurriedly wrapping everyone's presents. I even wrapped up one of the chocolate frogs that were meant for Ron, and kept it for Professor Dumbledore.

Eventually, I made my way down to where the others were sitting round the fire, and collapsed on a sofa next to Neville. Burying my head in his shoulder I began mumbling.

"Please don't make me go ask Snape about Christmas" He smiled down at me.

"You'll have to ask him sometime, Amelie"

"I know..I know.. It's just...Arrggg!" I screamed with frustration.

"Are you worried about his reaction?" I nodded feebly.

"He's only just started being tolerant of me, I don't want to mess it up now!" Neville squeezed my hand.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No..." I sighed " he doen't seem to like you very much. I'll just go on my own." Neville nodded as I hauled myself onto my feet.

"See you later."

I wearily traipsed down the corridor to Snape's quarters. After knocking lightly on the door a cold, emotionless voice called from inside.

"Enter"

"Good evening Professor."

"Hello Amelie. Did you have nice time in Hogsmeade?" He didn't really sound like he cared, it was just a blank question. I nodded.

"What do you want?"

"Ah..umm...ermm...well..."

"Spit it out child." The meaness coming back to his voice.

"Ok, well, I was wondering whether I could spendchristmaswiththeweasleys..." He raised an eyebrow.

"What?"