Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 29

Recap:

"You're not my father though, are you? You're not my real, blood father!"

"Yes I am!" I roared. Damn it!!! I didn't want to blurt that out.

"W...what?" She breathed, her eyes wide with comprehension and betrayal. I tried to swallow the lump that had formed in my throat.

"I...I think you need to leave." I blinked at her, watching as she struggled to hold back tears.

"Go. Just go." She breathed, turning away from me in despair.

"Amelie, I-" I went to touch her arm, but she shrugged away.

"Go." I took one last glance at my distraught daughter, and left the room, the door slamming behind me.

What have I done? What have I done...

Chapter 29

Snape's POV

My feet stormed down the stairs from the girls dorm, my robe billowing behind me frantically. There was a scowl set deep onto my face as I swept through the common room, leaving a bunch of glaring Gryffindors in my wake.

"Move." I snapped, as Potter tried to come through the portrait at the same time as me.

"Professor, I-" I held up my hand, as a signal for him to leave me alone, and carried on down the corridor, towards the dungeons.

Only once I had reached the cool haven of my office could I let my true emotions flood out.

"I need a drink." I muttered, my eyes glazed with tears, and my brow furrowed with anger. At myself mostly.

I shakily poured myself a glass of firewhiskey, downing it in one, and enjoying the burning feeling in the back of my throat.

I heard footsteps approaching the door, and internaly groaned. Great, just what I need now. Company.

With an exaggerated swish of my wand, I slammed the door in their face, locking it from the outside.

"Severus?" The new Headmistress' voice called shrilly from the other side of the solid oak.

I ignored her, downing another glass of the soothing alcohol.

"Professor Snape!" She was getting impatient now, but I didn't really care.

"Alohomora!" The door unlocked and swung open, revealing a very irate Umbridge staring angrily at me, her face a deeper shade than her pink ensemble.

"Snape." She stepped forward into my room, wrinkling her nose as she glanced at the battered furniture and dirty walls.

"Headmistress?!" I scowled at her, annoyed that she'd interrupted my private time.

"I have come to talk to you about...your daughters punishment." She looked excited at the thought of inflicting pain on Amelie.

"That wont be necessary. I have already disciplined her enough." Yes, by kissing her mother before telling her that I was her real father. Way to go Severus.

She made that high-pitched giggle noise, before watching as I went to pour myself another glass.

"Drink?" I asked unemotionally. She shook her head, her eyes widended in disgust as I swallowed more of the intoxicating liquid.

"You punishing her is not a school punishment. As headmistress, I am required to punish her as well."

"She doesn't need more punishment. What I did is enough." I growled, settling in my armchair, and massaging my temples with my fingers.