Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 12

Recap:

"You hit your own daughter!! You hit your own daughter just because of how she spoke to you?!" They looked disgusted. I felt disgusted with myself.

"Get out" I growled. "Get out!!!" They looked shocked, before dropping my wand, and running out of the dungeon. I collapsed back in my chair, and held my head in my hands. I had actually hit Amelie, just because of the way she spoke to me?! I was just as bad as those muggle children she had been stuck with.

"I have to go see her" I thought to myself. "Maybe then, she'll understand... and not hate me as much." I highly doubted it. I didn't really understand myself. So how could I expect her to? But any thoughts were soon washed away when I entered the hospital wing...

CHAPTER 12

Amelie's P.O.V.

The Matron had left for the night, leaving me alone in the hospital wing, worrying about what Neville would do to Severus. Or rather, what Severus would do to him. After I'd seen that Neville cared for me, I began to realise that maybe I was wanted. That maybe, I wasn't as unlovable as history would suggest.

I was just nodding off when I heard the door creaking open.

"Who's there?" I asked, panicking. I had the terrible feeling that history was about to repeat itself. And sure enough, Malfoy appeared at the end of my bed.

"What are you doing here, Malfoy?!" I growled, not bothering to hide my loathing.

"Shut it mudblood" He began walking towards me, everystep he wore a menacing grin on his face. As I reached for my wand, that someone had kindly placed on the bedside table, he raised his wand to my face and shouted "Petrificus Totalus!"

I froze. Literally. I couldn't move. I tried to scream, but it was as though all of my muscles were refusing to work.

"Now, Leveridge.." Malfoy said, in a voice that chilled me to the bone.

"Time to finish what I've been trying to do all day." He now stood next to my face. He knelt down , crushing me with his arm. He held his wand to my temple,and began saying one of the unforgivable curses. I couldn't do anything but stare in horror as he began to say those two petrifying words.

"Avada-"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snape's P.O.V.

I pushed open the door to the hospital ward, to see Amelie, frozen on her bed. Malfoy was crushing her with his arm, holding his wand up to her head.

"Avada-" I stormed towards him, before he could finish saying the unforgivable curse.

"Get your hands off of my daughter Malfoy!!" I shouted, pointing my wand to his chest. I could see the terrified expression on Amelie's face as he pressed the wand closer to her head.

"How can this filthy little mudblood be your daughter?!" He sneered, turning back to the frozen figure of my daughter.

"She deserves to be killed!! Disgrace to the name of magic!!"

"You dare hurt a hair on her head and I'll-"

"You'll what? Kill me?! I'm sure you're far to scared of my father to do that!" I sneered at him

"Avada Ked-" He began shouting, but I cut him off.

"Stupify!!" Malfoy went flying against the room, hitting into the wall, and then sliding to the floor, unconscious.

I rushed over to Amelie, and shouted "Finite!" She unfroze and sat up, sobbing uncontrollably. I sat down on the bed next to her, and held her in my arms, as she cried into my robes. I patted her back akwardly, as she slowly calmed down.

"Shhhh. Shhhh. It's ok. You're safe now, It;s ok. I'm here."

After 10 minutes, Dumbledore, McGonogall, Flitwick, Sprout and the Matron burst into the room. The latter rushed over to Draco, who was wimpering on the floor.

"Severus!" McGonogal raised her voice. "What happened?!"

"Malfoy! I said through gritted teeth. "He tried, to kill, my daughter!" The professors looked shocked, giving sympathetic looks to the child crying in my arms.

"He attacked me!!" Malfoy started shouting, pointing at me. "He used the Stupify spell on me!!"

"Severus!" Dumbledore said, in a stern voice. "Is this true?"

"He tried. To kill. My daughter." It took all my strength not to shout at him.

"Even so, using magic against a child is highly unprofessional. Don't let it happen again." I expected him to suspend me, or fire me, but he just let it go. I looked down at the child in my arms.

"You, you saved me." She said, suprised. Which hurt me, the fact that she thought that I wouldn't.

"Of course I did. You, you're my daughter." She smiled up at me.

"I thought you hated me."

"Hate you? Why would I hate you?!"

"Because you, you hit me!" She suddenly became angry.

I stood up, and glared at her.

"You did provoke me!"

"You still hit me!"

"I.." I sighed with exasperation. "I'm sorry, ok. I didn't mean to.. It's just that.."

"What?! I dissapointed you?! I irritated you?! I wasn't the perfect Slytherin daughter that you would've prefered?! Well, I'm sorry dad!" She snarled "I'm sorry that I'm not good enough for you! But maybe you should have adopted Malfoy instead. Maybe then you would be happy, and treat me with some respect!" She shouted, before storming out of the hospital.