Chapter 5: "Why doesn't he smile?"

Natalie's POV

When we got to the bedroom it was actually quite nice. The walls were gray and the bed was pretty big. To be honest I don't think I'll have a problem sleeping in here. I walked over to the window and looked outside. There was a large pool, a hammock on the patio, and basketball court.

"Nice place you got here," I complimented.

"Thanks," Carter mumbled. I turned around and saw him standing there shirtless, rummaging through his dresser. I couldn't help but stare at tattoos on his arms, and chest. I also got a could look at his six pack abs, which look mighty fine on his body.

"Like what you see," he chuckled.

I scoffed, "No I don't." I obviously liked the view, but I didn't want him to know that. I'm still mad about being sold to this jerk.

"Sure you don't" he laughed, and slipped on a black v-neck. I was going to say something but 4 guys, one of them being Kent, came through the door with my stuff.

"Man this stuff is heavy," Kent huffed.

"Shut up Kent. At least you're not carrying her wardrobe," one of the guys complained.

"Would all of you quit your whining," Carter smirked, "You're acting like babies."

"You didn't have to carry anything," Kent whined. Carter shook his head, and walked over to me. The guys set down my stuff, and looked at me.

"Natalie these are my friends Kent, Kai, AJ, and Cole," Carter sighed. He pointed to each of the guys and they all smirked at me, except for Cole who had an unamused look on his face.

"She is hot," AJ smiled, and kissed my hand. Carter pulled me closer to him, and smacked AJ on the head.

"Watch yourself," Carter warned. AJ smirked, and put his hands up in defeat. I returned my gaze back to Cole who looks like he'd rather be dead.

"Why doesn't he smile?" I whispered to Carter.

"Who Cole?" he asked, and I nodded. "Cole only finds amusement when pain is inflicted on an enemy," he replied.

"That's nice," I sighed. Okay so don't make Cole mad.

"Okay," Carter began, "Unpack we'll be downstairs."  I nodded and watched as they filed out of the bedroom.

As soon as they were all out of the room, I sat down on the bed and opened the present. To my surprise there was a gun and some bullets in the box.

After a few minutes of staring at the gun I quickly put it in my drawer, and covered it with some clothes. Once I was done unpacking everything I walked out of the room. Once I walked out I bumped into a wall.....never mind it was a chest.

"Watch where you're going," Cole growled.

"S-s-sorry," I stutter. He just glared at me then walked away. Dodged a bullet there. I decided to find my way around the house, which was a bad idea. I got lost several times. This is stupid. Since I couldn't find my way back to my room I sat on the floor.

"What are you doing?" a voice behind me chuckles. I turned around and saw Kai smiling at me.

"I couldn't find my way around the house," I sighed, "I got lost and frustrated so I sat down and waited to be rescued."

"Thats nice," he laughed, "However, Carter wants to see you in his office so follow me."

I nodded then stood up and followed him down a long hallway. The hallway led to two big wooden doors. Kai knocked then walked in, and I followed closely behind him. The office had a big desk in the middle of the room, with big windows behind it. There were two chairs in front of the desk, then three chairs on each side of the desk along the wall.

"Look what I found lurking the halls," Kai chuckled.

"Shut up," I growled.

"Ooo feisty," AJ chuckled. Carter scolded him which caused AJ to smirk.

"Where have you been?" Carter asked.

"I was exploring," I sighed.

"Did you find your way around okay," he smirked.

"Yeah," I lied.

"Don't Lie," Kai laughed, "I found her sitting on the floor in the middle of the hallway by Kent's room. She said she got lost and frustrated. So she sat down." This earned a laugh from everyone in the room but me. I felt really embarrassed.

Cole walked through the door, and sat in one the chairs along the wall.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"Oh Natalie here got lost," AJ laughed. Cole just rolled his eyes and leaned against the wall. AJ, Kai, and Carter kept chuckling about me getting lost, but it got worse when Kent walked.

"Why is everyone laughing? What did I miss?" Kent asked.

"Natalie got lost in the house," AJ laughed harder as he said it. It's not that funny. Soon Kent burst into laughter which caused all of the guys, but Cole, to laugh. My embarrassment turned to anger, and I turned around and walked out of the room. Slamming the door in the process. It wasn't that funny.

I ended outside, and I decided to check out the hammock. I sat in it and looked at the sky. Why did I have to be sold?

I closed my eyes, and started thinking. However, my thoughts were interrupted by footsteps coming towards me.

I opened my eyes and saw Carter standing over me.

"Glad you found your way outside," he smirked.

"Shut up," I scoffed.

"You know," he began, "You left before I had a chance to talk to you."

"I'm sorry, but I don't like being made fun of," I huffed. He rolled his eyes an continued.

"You need to get ready," he stated.

"For what?" I asked.

"My parents are having a party and you're my date," he clarified.

"I don't wanna go," I huffed.

"You don't get an option," he glared, "So, go get in the shower, and wear something nice." After that he walked away, and I walked into the house.

_______________________

What did you think of the chapter?

Please Comment & Vote.