Chapter 13: The Serpent Brotherhood

Carter's POV

After I shot Martinez, we quickly rushed Natalie to the hospital. She was seen immediately, and now she's in ICU. Only her family is allowed to see her, so I've been stuck in the waiting room for about..... 8 hours.

It's 4 o'clock in the morning, and I don't plan on leaving until I see her. Natalie's parents had left 2 hours ago, and there was no sign of her brother.

My parents stopped by, and gave the Chambers they're sincerest apologies. If our parents weren't good friends, there would've been a fight.

I got up and walked towards the room where they were holding Natalie. I glanced around, and when the coast was clear, I walked into the room.

When I walked in I closed the door, and saw Natalie hooked up to a bunch of machines. The beeping of the heart monitor gave me comfort, because that means she's alive.

I walked over to her bedside, and sat down in one of the chair. She can't be in a gang, she's to sweet. She would never be able to take another life. Maybe I can make her a secretary or something. She still has to get the trademark tattoo though.

I sat there in my thoughts for a while, before I got bored. Well...I saw her, I can go home. As I got up from the chair, I stretched and walked towards the door. I grabbed the door handle, but I stopped when I heard her voice.

"Carter," Natalie whispered.

Natalie's POV

As my eyes adjusted to the lighting, I saw a silhouette figure by the door. As my vision became normal I saw Carter getting ready to leave.

"Carter," I whispered. He turned around, and walked over to my bedside.

"How ya feelin Natalie?" he asked.

"My leg hurts," I admitted. He chuckled, and sat down on my bed.

"Well it's gonna hurt for a few weeks," he stated.

"What time is it?" I asked. Carter checked his phone.

"5 o'clock in the morning," he announced. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here then?" I asked.

"Well the doctor's said only family is allowed," he sighed,"So I needed a chance to sneak in and..." His voice trailed off, and I waited for him to finish. "I just," he paused,"Wanted to see if you were okay." I smiled at him.

"I'm okay," I smiled.

"Good," he chuckled,"You're a good asset to my gang."

"What's the last part of my training?" I asked, remembering the conversation from earlier.

"You have to get a tattoo," he stated.

"A tattoo?" I gaped, "Why?"

"It's the trademark," he smiled,"It's kind of like a brand. Everyone in my gang has the tattoo."

"What's the tattoo of?" I wondered.

"A serpent," he smiled, "Or serpents."

"Why a serpent?" I questioned.

"My gang name is The Serpent Brotherhood," he smirked. I chuckled, and looked at him.

"Why The Serpent Brotherhood?" I asked.

"Well," he began, "Serpents are cold blooded, and in order to be in my gang you have to be able to forget."

"Forget what?" I wondered, and adjusted my self on the bed.

"Forget all the wrong you've done," he admitted, and looked down.

"How much wrong does the job come with?" I asked.

"A lot," he sighed. He yawned, and ran a hand through is hair. "You know," Carter paused,"We'll talk more tomorrow."

"Okay," I yawned. He stands up, and smiles at me.

"Get some sleep Natalie," Carter sighed, "I'll be back tomorrow to keep you company."

"Okay," I smiled, and laid down.

"Goodnight Natalie," Carter yawned, and walked toward the door.

"Goodnight Carter," I smiled. Carter left the room, and I snuggled into the hospital blankets. I soon drifted off to sleep with two things on my mind. Carter Grayson and The Serpent Brotherhood.
__________
Sorry it took a while to update. This is just a filler chapter. Just a warning the next few chapters will be fillers, leading up to some major events.

Please Comment & Vote

Thanks for reading!!!!!