Chapter 25: The Truth

Carter's POV

"Well," my mother began,"Can we come in?"

"Fine," I grumbled, then let them come in.

"Where is everyone?" mom asked.

"Either napping, sick, recovering, or in the kitchen," I explained,"What do you guys want?"

"Why the attitude sweetheart?" she wondered. I glared at dad then shrugged.

"Just in a sh!tty mood," I mumbled.

"Language," she barked. I rolled my eyes, and walked into the kitchen. Natalie and Kent were playing a card game when I walked in.

Natalie's POV

"Who was at the doo-," I stopped talking when Patrick entered the kitchen. Carter walked over to the hot pan, and started making pancakes.

"Hello kids," Violet greeted. Kent and I just sat there. Violet looked at all of us, and huffed,"Okay what is going on? No lying."

"Why don't you ask your drunk of a husband?" Carter snapped. Violet looked at Patrick.

"What is he talking about?" she asked.

"I have no idea," Patrick lied. Carter slammed the pan on the stove, causing hot batter to fly everywhere.

"She said no lying," Carter yelled, and turned toward his father. Carter was absolutely furious it was really scary.

"I'm not," Patrick growled. Carter's jaw clenched then he lunged at his father. My eyes widened, as both Carter and Patrick tumbled to the floor.

Kent got up from his chair, and tried to separate Carter and Patrick.

"Patrick, Carter stop!" Violet yelled.

"Natalie go get Cole!" Kent ordered. I quickly got up, and rushed out of the kitchen. I ran upstairs, and into Cole's room. He was still sleeping.

"Cole!" I yelled. He sat up, and rubbed his eyes.

"What the h*ll Natalie," he growled.

"Carter and Patrick are fighting in the kitchen," I yelled.

"And," Cole sighed.

"They're throwing punches," I urged,"Come on!" Cole quickly got up, and we ran downstairs. I stood in the doorway, and watched as Cole and Kent separated Carter and Patrick.

Kent was holding back Patrick, and Cole was holding back Carter. AJ appeared behind me, and looked at the scene.

"What happened?" he asked.

"They got into a fight," I sighed.

"What is wrong with you two?" Violet yelled, at Carter and Patrick.

"That drunk son of a b!tch hit me, and beat Natalie," Carter growled. Violet's jaw dropped, and she looked at Patrick.

"Is this true?" Violet asked.

"I was drunk Vi,"Patrick sighed, and pushed Kent off of him. Violet just shook her head, and walked out of the kitchen. Patrick followed, and he shot me a look. I wasn't sure if he was mad or not, but I honestly didn't care.

Cole let go of Carter, and Kai wheeled up in his wheel chair.

"I missed something didn't I?" he asked.

"Yep," AJ sighed. Carter turned back towards the stove, but through the pan on the floor. He stormed outside into the night, and I followed.

"Natalie," Kent warned.