Chapter 32: Homeward Bound

Natalie's POV

4 days. It's been for 4 days, since our little prince Kayden was born. Today we finally get to take him home. After all of the examinations, they doctors did on Kayden he finally gets to leave.

"Thank god,"Carter smiled,"I'm sick of this place. That hospital bed is soo uncomfortable." I looked at him then continued packing the bags.

"Please you don't even know uncomfortable,"I stated, and put Kayden in his car seat.

"Try me," Carter smirked. I turned toward him, and pointed to Kayden.

"Try pushing a baby out of your vagina, and tell me out comfortable it is,"I chuckled.

"Okay," he paused,"I can't top that one." I raised my hands up in victory, and Kai came in.

"Transport is ready," Kai announced. Carter nodded, and grabbed Kayden's car seat along with his respirator.

"Lets go," Carter ordered, and walked out of the room. I grabbed my bag, and followed him out of the room. We signed out of the hospital, and walked to the parade of black Escalades.

"Is this all really necessary?" I asked,"There's at least 5 cars out here."

"Trust me it's necessary," Carter stated. I nodded then strapped Kayden's car seat, securely into the middle back seat. I climbed in next to Kayden, and Carter got on the other side. Cole and Kent were in the front driver and passenger seat.

"Ready?"Cole asked.

"Go," Carter ordered. The parade of cars pulled out of the hospital, and onto the road. I looked at Carter, and he was staring out of the window. I then stared at Cole, who was speeding up the car, in order to pass one of the other Escalades.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"We're changing formation," he stated.

"Why?" I wondered

"Just in case we're being watched," he answered.

"Right," I sighed, and leaned back in my seat. Glancing down at Kayden I saw he was still fast asleep. He's so cute.

"What the h*ll," Kent mumbles in the front seat.

"What?" Carter asks.

"There's a barricade of black Tahoe's head," Cole growled.

"Tell Bobby to ram them," Carter ordered. Kent grabbed his walkie talkie and radioed the other cars. The leading Escalade started to go faster, and rammed into the barricade. It cleared a path, but the Escalade was totaled. We drove through the gap, and kept going.

"Is Bobby okay?" I asked, looking out the back window.

"He should be," Carter replied.

"But you left him back there with the bad guys," I stated,"He's as good as dead."

"Then why'd you ask if he was okay, when you knew he wasn't," Carter glared.  I stayed silent, but kept looking out the back window. The few remaining black Tahoe's were following us, and it made me feel very uneasy.

"They're following us,"I announced.

"Sh!t," Cole mumbled, and grabbed his walkie talkie. "Guys we have to do something about these cars," Cole spoke into the radio.

"Call Avery," Kent blurted,"The girls are at the house. Tell them to get the helicopter, and blow them up."

"Good plan," Carter stated.

"It was your idea Kent you call them," Cole sighed. Kent got out his phone, and called Avery. There phone conversation was short, but I knew the girls would be here soon. But will it be soon enough?

"Which car are AJ and Kai in?" I asked.

"The one right in front of us," Kent stated,"Why?"

"I just have a bad feeling," I sighed. Getting nervous, I grabbed Kayden's little hand and kept my eyes on him. We're gonna be okay....I hope.

Carter grabbed my hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. I looked up at him, and smiled.

"We're gonna be okay,"he assured.

"I hope you're right," I sighed.

"We will-" Carter was cutoff by gunfire from behind us. We both looked back, and saw that one of our cars had just been driven off of the highway. Thank god this highway is empty. The Escalade crashed into a ditch, and now we're down to 3.

"Carter what-" Kent cut me off.

"Helicopter!" Kent yelled. Kayden cried out in annoyance that he had been woken up from his nap. If only he could just stay asleep, and not remember this situation.

"Is it ours?" Carter asked. That question was answered, when the helicopter started shooting at us.

"Nope," Cole yelled, and started maneuvering the car. The helicopter shot the car in front of us, and the car veered off of the road.

"Kai!! AJ!!" Carter yelled. The helicopter, then blew up the car behind us.

Then there was 1.

___________

Oh lord!!!! Just when everything was getting good. Well I learned this from Teen Wolf, things can't stay good forever the balance has to tip one way or the other, but it always levels out eventually. I apologize in advance for what I'm about to do to you guys in the next few chapters. XD

Please Comment & Vote