Chapter 37: Christmas

Natalie's POV

It's been a rough few weeks. Life without Carter and Cole is......boring. It's difficult falling asleep knowing that Carter won't be there next to me in the morning. Days seem longer, the skies seem grayer, everything is just.....dreary.

But on the bright side Christmas is tomorrow, and it is Kayden's first Christmas, and the first Christmas I'll spend with the gang.

"So what did you get me for Christmas?" Sabrina asked me, and plopped down on the end of the couch. I was in the living room feeding Kayden, and watching the snow fall outside.  

"Umm,"I paused, and looked at her,"Nice try."

"Dang it," she pouted,"Thought I could catch you off guard." I chuckled, and laid Kayden on a blanket with his toys, and respirator. I sat down on the opposite end of the couch, and looked around the living room.

"Why didn't we put up a tree?" I asked.

"We go to a cabin for Christmas," she clarified,"Actually that's where the guys are now."

"Oh," I sighed, and looked at Kayden who was chewing on a rattle. "What did you get Kai for Christmas?" I asked.

"Something with technology," she paused,"And some other things."

"TMI," I laughed.

"Not that kind of present," she chuckled. 

"Lies," Avery laughed, walking into the room.

"I'm serious," Sabrina retorted.

"Mhmm," Avery and I smirked in unison. Avery sat down in the love seat, only for the doorbell to ring. We all shared a look.

"I'm not getting it," Avery stated,"I just sat down."

"It's too far," Sabrina whined.

"I think I know the solution to this problem," I smiled. 

We all smirked at each other then yelled,"Lynn!!" Lynn came running down the stairs, and looked at all of us.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Someone's at the door," I smiled. 

"Seriously," she huffed, and walked over to the door. When she opened it she stood there, then looked at us.  "Violet, Patrick, Thomas, Dana..... you heard" Lynn whispered. We all looked at the door, and listened closely.

"Tell me it isn't true," Violet's voice quivered.

"Come in," Lynn frowned. Violet, Patrick, Thomas, and Dana entered the house, and we all looked at each other.

"Tell me it isn't true," Violet repeated, and looked at all of us.

"It's true," I sighed, and looked at Kayden who had fallen asleep.

"No," Violet cried, and Patrick pulled her into a hug.

"Who killed him?" Thomas growled.

"Clark," Madison frowned, as she came downstairs.

"I swear when get my hands on hi-" I cut Thomas off.

"He won't be a problem anymore," I admitted, and everyone looked at me.

"What'd you do?" Avery asked. You see nobody, besides the guys, know about my little mission.

"I killed him," I whispered. Everyone's eyes widened. "What?" I asked.

"You killed him?"Sabrina asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"When?" Avery asked.