Chapter 30: The Gang Baby

Natalie's POV

"What do you mean your water broke?" Dana asked. A pain shot through me, and I cringed. Dam contractions.

"The baby is coming,"I huffed. The baby shouldn't be here yet it's too early.

"Your not due for another month," Carter panicked, and came over to me.

"The baby is coming,"I repeated louder.

"Okay we gotta go," Carter stated. Carter helped me down the stairs, and my breathing picked up. 

"You need to take her to St. Francis hospital." Dana stated,"They're great with pregnancies. Especially early ones."

"She can have the baby here," Carter argued.

"You guys don't have the right tools for this," Thomas stated. I smacked Carter in the chest, and he caved in.

"Lead the way," Carter urged. He walked me out to the car, and put me in the passenger seat. I yelled as a contraction coursed through my body. "Are you okay?"Carter asked.

"Shut up and drive,"I growled. Carter quickly started the car, and we followed Thomas and Dana to the hospital. I could feel the baby moving, and I knew he or she would be here soon.

"Carter," I cringed,"Hurry."

"I'm trying baby,"Carter assured. Thankfully, we pulled into the hospital and Carter helped me inside.

"We need some help over here!" Dana yelled. A nurse came over to us, and she put me in a wheelchair. She wheeled me into a room, and got me hooked up to all of the machines. 

She check my dilation, and her eyes widened,"You're almost ready to pop. I'm gonna go get the doctor." The nurse left, and Carter grabbed my hand.

"Carter the baby's early,"I groaned.

"I know,"he frowned,"Thomas and Dana are calling everyone."

"Okay,"I cringed, as another contraction coursed through me. I squeezed Carter's hand, and his eyes widened.

"Ow,"he whined.

"Shut up,"I yelled. 

The doctor came in, and got me ready to push. Thank god. My feet were put in the stirrups, and the doctor told me to push.

I yelled and squeezed Carter's hand as I pushed.

"You can do this Nat,"Carter encouraged.

"Carter I swear if you get me pregnant again I will cut off your balls,"I yelled. The nurse and doctor chuckled, but Carter looked terrified.

"Push,"the doctor ordered. I pushed harder, which was more screaming then pushing.

"I see a head," the doctor announced,"Come on Natalie one more big push."

"No more,"I cried. This is just too much pain.

"Come on Natalie," the doctor demanded.

"I can't do it,"I sobbed.

"Natalie if anyone can do this it's you," Carter encouraged,"You're a strong woman Natalie, now give one more push."

"Fine," I sighed,"One more." I pushed harder than the last two, and soon enough I heard a cry.

"It's a boy,"the doctor announced. I smiled but realized that I only heard one cry, and then it was silent. Carter quickly cut the cord, and the nurse took the baby away.

"Where is she taking him?" Carter asked the doctor.

"Your baby has stopped breathing," the doctor stated,"Probably because he's premature. We're going to do everything we can for your baby."

With that said the doctor left, and I burst into tears. Carter wrapped his arms around me, and I cried into his shirt.

"He's gonna be okay Natalie,"he comforted.

"They wouldn't even let me hold him,"I cried. Carter rubbed my back, and kissed my forehead.

"Natalie, you need to rest," he stated,"I will go keep an eye on our son okay?"

"Okay,"I sniffled. I got comfy in the bed, and closed my eyes. It was amazing how tired I was, and soon I was out.

Carter's POV

I walked out of the hospital room, and stood in the hallway. I walked down the hallway and into the waiting room, where everyone was waiting for answers.

Natalie's mom saw me first and came over to me. Everyone followed her, and gathered around.

"How's Nat and the baby?" she asked. I rubbed my face, and sighed before replying.

"Natalie is fine,"I sighed,"And I'm not sure about the baby."

"What do you mean your not sure?" Keith asked.

"I don't know," I replied,"The doctor said the baby wasn't breathing, and that's all he said."

"I'm sorry Carter," Dana sighed, and rubbed my shoulder. I sat down in one of the waiting room chairs, and put my head in my hands. Please god don't let me lose this baby.

We've been waiting for at least 1 hour for some sort of update on the baby, but so far we've heard nothing.

"Grayson,"a man announces. I look up, and see a doctor standing in the doorway. I quickly stand up, and walked over to him.

"How's my son?"I asked.

"He's going to be fine," he stated,"However, he's going to have to have a respirator for a couple of weeks. He's pretty developed for a premature baby, but his breathing is off. The respirator is going to help him get a normal breathing pattern."

"Can I see him?"I asked. He nodded, and motioned for me to follow him. We walked into the nicu floor of the hospital, and he led me into a room. My son was in one of the baby incubator things, and he had wire and tubes coming from him.

"I'll give you two a minute," the doctor smiled softly, and walked out of the room. I walked over to the incubator, and looked at him.

He's perfect. When I looked at him I wasn't Carter Grayson the gang leader. I was Carter Grayson the dad, and I'm okay with that title.

I put my hand in the incubator, and grabbed his little hand.

"Hi Kayden,"I greeted,"I'm your dad." A tear rolled down my cheek, and I quickly wiped it away. "Welcome to the world little one,"I smiled,"I'm going to protect you, no matter what."

________________

Sorry I meant to update last night, but I went to a basketball game. Anyway Baby Kayden is here!!!! Isn't he adorable? Babies are so cute.

Please Comment & Vote