Chapter V

Zayn looked at himself in the mirror in front of him and sighed. He didn't know what to do with himself anymore. He wasn't pleased with his appearance. Everyone around him have so much going for them, and he was just some random guy off the streets, from the nineteen-hundreds.

Harry definitely wouldn't want someone like him, he believed. He was nowhere near as good as, Luke. He wanted piercings, good looks, and tattoos. He wanted to be the one to impress Harry tonight, not Luke.

After, returning from the bathroom, Zayn leaned against the counter and watched, Luke and Niall, having a conversation on the couch, and Liam...well, he was standing right behind him.

"Whatcha lookin' at, beautiful?" He asks, making Zayn jump.

Zayn caught his breath,"N-Nothing..."

Liam slowly moved him hands to Zayn's waist,"Let's take a seat. I wanna talk to you for a sec." He whispered.

Zayn nodded shakily at the man's voice, and the took a seat down at the kitchen table.

"So...how's living with, Niall and Harry, going so far? You liking it?"

"Well, Niall is quite...interesting, but Harry, he's really nice. I never met anyone so charming before." He started off.

Liam smiled,"Yep, that's our, Haz for ya. I still don't understand how he's so calm after all he has been through, and this is coming from someone that has known him, for almost five years now."He stated, laughing a bit at the end.

"Is that so? This makes the second time someone has mentioned something about his past. What went on between him and this person named, Lewis?"

Liam's eyes widen,"Louis!? How do you know about him?" Liam asked in panic.

"I overheard, Harry and Niall, talking about it late last night. He likes a young man named, Luke?" Zayn explained.

"Oh, he's finally gonna make his move on him? Thank goodness!"

Zayn gazed at him,"Yeah-"

"HARRY! See you could finally make it!" Niall yells, from the other side of the apartment.

"Looks like, Harry's here now. I should probably go speak to him, but I'll be back as soon I am done talking to him, alright?" Liam asks the frozen boy, who was currently staring at, Harry.

Zayn snapped out of it,"Ugh...okey dokey, shall do, lad." He replies.

• • • • •

Harry's POV

"It's a beautiful night to be out on the balcony huh, Haz?" Luke asks me.

I was frozen, my throat felt dry, and I was lost with my words. Why can't I talk to him the same way I used to? We've been friends, for a while now.

"U-Ugh...yeah, it is." I stuttered.

Like moved his chair closer to mine and placed his hand on my knee,"You okay, Haz? You look a bit flustered."

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine...really!" I panicked.

He hummed,"It's quite chilly out here, mate. You wanna go inside?" He asks, standing up.

It was time for me to finally man up, and tell Luke how I really feel about him.

Or at least, attempted to...