Chapter XIX

Luke, walked up to Niall and Harry's flat at six o'clock, wanting to see his boyfriend. He inhaled a deep breath, and nervously knocked on the door.

Niall, appeared a few seconds later, finally opening the door for his Australian friend,"Um, Luke?" He asks confusedly, staring at the exhausted man.

Luke nods, rubbing his hands together,"I-I need to talk to, Harry. Like, right now."

"Ugh, he's not here yet, but you can stay over until he comes back. Him and Bradford should be here in about a few minutes." Niall insists, opening the door wider, letting Luke in.

Luke enters the apartment, taking off his jacket,"I'll take that for ya." Niall gladly takes Luke's jacket, hanging it up on the nearby hook.

"Thanks, Niall," Luke makes his way over towards the couch, and Niall watches him as the boy sighs.

"Everything alright, Luke?" The Irish lad asks in concern.

Luke shakes his head, gazing down at the floor,"No...it's not. I feel like things between me and Harry are going down hill." His voice is lower than usual.

Niall sits down in the seat across from the couch. He is prepared for whatever Luke is about to tell him,"Okay, what did Harry do now?" He assumes.

"No, No, Harry didn't do anything," Luke tells the misunderstood lad, sticking up for his boyfriend,"I did."

Niall makes an 'O' shape with his mouth,"Well, that doesn't sound like you. Harry has always been blamed-"

"Yeah, I get that, but it's kinda of both of us actually, to be honest. We are sort of having problems communicating with one another, but I can't explain my issues to him, unless he clears his with me first." Luke goes into detail.

"Issues?" Niall furrows his eyebrows,"What kind of issues?"

Luke cuffs his fingers together,"Personal issues. Things that shouldn't be kept from each other. We both need to come out clean."

"Yes, I totally get that, man, but what do you mean exactly? Like, what is Harry keeping from you?" Niall asks.

"That's the problem, Niall! I don't know what he is hiding from me, but I know that he's hiding something! I just know that he is!" Luke clenches his teeth together.

Niall isn't hesitant to defend, Harry,"Whoa, Luke. Hold on a second there," The blond stops Luke's blabbering,"I know that, Harry is known for keeping things to himself and all, but I don't think that getting him to tell you how he really feels is the way to go. Maybe you should give him some time first."

"Why? He's my boyfriend, and I have every right to ask him whatever I want." Luke questions Niall's suggestion.

"Luke, it isn't that simple. You just don't understand. You can't force someone into telling them something that you want them to." Niall exclaims.

"I'm not forcing Harry to. I just wanted to know if he is positively okay with us dating because, honestly, I don't know if we are..."

Niall blows a shaky breath out, running his hands against his black jeans,"Listen, Luke. We have all been friends for quite a while now, and me and Liam are thrilled about you and Harry dating, but while we were all in college, things sort of happened to, Harry-"

"See! That is exactly the sort of things that I am talking about! Like, what has been going on with him lately? He doesn't tell me where he's going, I don't know if he's hanging out with another guy, the man flinches when I touch him, and who the fuck is, Louis!? Luke screams, standing up from the furniture.