Chapter 3

Bold = English

Italics = Thoughts

Underline = Flashbacks

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

THE NEXT DAY

3rd Person P.O.V

"Are you sure you want him to be Oni's opponent?" Kurobe asked Riyanna. The said girl just shrugged, "From what I read last night, he is one of Seigaku's power-house. The other being Kawamura Takashi. Besides, Momoshiro has 'Jack Knife' and I gotta give the second-years a chance. And if Oni sees that he will use his 'Black Jack Knife'." 

Kurobe looked at Riyanna, "Oni's 'Black Jack Knife' can break his wrists, if not his arms. It is too powerful. And also, why Momoshiro? Why not Kawamura?"

Riyanna let a small smile grace her lips, "I want to see what my little brother's team is made up of."

Kurobe didn't say a word. He turned to the screens and watched the shuffle matches outside, mostly Momoshiro and Oni's. "Riyanna, you will be helping Mifune with the trainin of the 'drop-outs'. It was not my decision, Mifune asked for your assistance because he said that your way of training will help them become stronger. And also said that you needed to be around people your age."

Riyanna scowled, "I can just stay here and talk to the other middle schoolers. And why is he acting like he's my dad? Plus, I want to stay here in the camp not the mountain." It's not like she doesn't like the drunkard coach, she's just too lazy to travel all the way up on the mountain. He was also her drinking buddy. He used to scold her for underaged drinking, but later stopped when Riyanna just won't stop.

Kurobe then faced Riyanna again, "Riyanna, I think you should stop." 

The girl raised an eyebrow, "Stop what?" She asks. "Stop drinking. You are too young to drink. You'll get over him eventually," Kurobe said. Riyanna scoffs, "Why are you suddenly telling me this? I'm already over him. You don't even have proof that I'm not over him. I just don't want to be a chicken if I didn't do what we promised on."

"Keeping that promise is the only proof I need to know that you aren't," Kurobe said.

Riyanna ran a hand through her hair, "I don't need to hear that crap again. I'll go to the mountains. Don't bother worrying about me. Worry about the ones staying here."

With that, Riyanna walked out the room and made her way to the courts.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

OUTSIDE

Once Riyanna got near the courts, she heard Saito's voice instructing them to play a tie-breaker match with their partners. 

When she was now in front of the balcony Saito stood on, she sat on the bench and didn't bother listening to them. For being in the camp for almost 3 years, she knows how everything goes. However, with the World Cup coming, training is going to be a little different.

Riyanna looked at the middle schoolers play with their partners, she noticed two were missing. 

The Rookies

'They probably got lost,' Riyanna thought. Scanning the players again, she saw Seigaku's Golden Pair playing against each other. 'They look like they're having a hard time,' she thought.

She then zoned out hearing Kurobe's words echoing in her head.

"Stop drinking. You are too young to drink. You'll get over him eventually."