Chapter 14

QUESTION:

Who is your favorite voice actor?

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

"When are you going to tell us you're going blind?!"

Riyanna stood in front of Kenneth with wide eyes. She opened her mouth to ask how he knew, but her throat ran dry.

"How did I know?" Kenneth rhetorically asked. Riyanna bit her lip and looked down. She didn't want anyone to worry or fuss about it, so she didn't tell anyone. "My father's an ophthalmologist. I have sources. The doctor that you meet every month for check-up is a family friend. I just asked him what you were doing there when I saw you in the hospital." Kenneth said.

"Even if you hide it, everyone will find out soon." Kenneth added. He lets go of Riyanna and ran a hand through his hair and sighed. Riyanna felt her eyes welling up with tears, so she bit down her lip harder to stop them from falling.

Riyanna was scared and angry at the same time, but the fear was stronger than her anger.

Kenneth's eyes soften when he saw Riyanna's wet eyes. He let out a soft smile, "Come here." He pulled Riyanna in for a hug. Riyanna wrapped her arms around him and hugged back, her tears falling freely as she hugged him. Kenneth buried his face in Riyanna's hair.

"You're such a crybaby." Kenneth whispered against Riyanna's hair. Riyanna let out a shaky breath and pinched Kenneth's back. He flinched, but didn't pull away from the hug. "You can pinch me all you want, I'm not pulling away."

Riyanna shook her head and pulled away, wiping her tears away. "Kenneth, do me a favor." She said. Kenneth smiled and nodded. "What do you want me to do?" Kenneth asked. "Don't tell anyone about my eyes." Riyanna said.

"What?" Kenneth asked Riyanna with a raised eyebrow. "Riyanna, we have to tell the others. Any day from now, your sense of sight will be gone." The brunette shook her head. "I'm not ready yet." Riyanna whispered. Kenneth thought about it for a moment before sighing. "Fine." He said. Riyanna looked at him with a small smile. "But," Kenneth added. "You will be the one explaining. Not me." Kenneth finished. Riyanna nodded her head.

"Thank you, Kenneth." Riyanna thanked him. Kenneth smiled at her and ruffled her hair. "Anything for you, Riyanna." Kenneth said.

Unknown to the two teenagers, a certain someone heard their conversation. 'My theory's correct. Riyanna-san's going blind.' The person thought as he silently walked away.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

"Tomorrow morning, we will be announcing 20 selected members among 146 participants." Kurobe announced, earning whispers from the trainees. "Selected members?" Akaya asked. "Since tomorrow selected members will be going through individual training sessions on separate courts." Kurobe explained. "Individual training? I think it's a great chance for us." Fuji mused.

"Well, you can go. That is all for today." Kurobe dismissed. Everyone bowed and thanked Kurobe and slowly left the court. Niou stayed where he stood with his hands in his pocket. He looked around to see if Riyanna  is here.

Seeing that Riyanna was not around, he decided to walk around the camp and try to look for her.

While walking around, he ended up in the café. He looked around and found a pineapple. Niou chuckled as a memory of him and Riyanna flashed in his head.