Chapter 8

Bold = English

Italics = Thoughts

Both = Phone

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

Riyanna was sitting in the camp's café minding her own business. And by business, I mean reading the students' progress in training, taking down notes, and making a new training regime. She was peacefully doing her job -- ignoring the chattering of the other students, most were middle schoolers-- when someone sat on the other chair of her table.

She looked up and found the one and only Yukimura Seichii.

She returned her gaze back to her laptop, "What do you want, Yukimura?" Riyanna asks in a bored voice.

Yukimura smiled, "Hello to you too, Riyanna-chan," he replied. Riyanna stayed quiet and continued reading the progress of each student. Yukimura's smile faltered a bit when Riyanna ignored him. "You're not going to at least greet me?" Yukimura questioned.

Riyannna sighed and looked at Yukimura, "Listen Yukimura. I'm busy right now, so can you please go bother someone else," Riyanna told Yukimura.

Yukimura chuckled, "You're mistaken, Riyanna-chan. I'm not here to bother you. I'm here to ask you questions." Riyanna crosses her arms with a raised eyebrow, "That doesn't make any difference at all." Yukimura shrugged, "Yes it does," he smiled. Riyanna sighed then gathered her stuff and closed her laptop then placing it in its bag. She stood up from her seat and started to walk away.

"Why did you leave, Riyanna?"

Stopping midway, she turned around and found almost everyone staring at the two of them -- thanks to Yukimura's loud question. Riyanna stared at him with a straight look, "None of your business," she snapped. She turned back around to walk away, only to have another voice stop her.

"It is our business."

Rolling her eyes in annoyance, she looked at the new person. It was Marui Bunta. She glared at him, "No it's not," Riyanna growled. Marui didn't give her a glare but gave her a calm look, "It is. We were your teammates, Riya-chan."

Riyanna scoffed, "Were. You were my teammates. Were, as in, past. Not my current teammates. Know the difference, Tensai," she coated very thick sarcasm on the word Tensai. Marui's face flickered a look of hurt before returning to calm.

She looked around her and found everyone staring at them. Hating the feeling of every pair of eyes were on them, she walked out the café, not turning back.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

Riyanna laid herself on her bed, limbs spread apart, staring at her cream colored ceiling. Many thoughts ran around her mind endlessly as she tried to calm herself. She sighed and sat  up on her bed, ruffled her hair and took her phone from her bedside table. She scrolled through her contacts, even though it was only less than ten.

She tapped on one contact and called it. After five rings, the person picked up.

"Hello?"

Riyanna gave a small smile at the male's sleepy voice, "Sorry. Did I wake you up?"

"Riyanna?" The boy asked, the sleepiness in his voice disappeared. "Of course," Riyanna replied. Shuffling can be heard from the other line. "It has been a while since you last talked to me," the boy said.

Riyanna recalled the day, more like months, she last called/talked to him in person, "It's only been three months, Kenneth." A hum was heard, "Three long painful months of not being able to hear your beautiful angelic voice," the male flirted.