Chapter 5

Bold = English

Italics = Thoughts

Underline = Flashback

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

'I hope nothing bad will happen,' Riyanna thought as she entered her room.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

"That's a really bad idea," Riyanna said, with her arms crossed on her chest as she stood in front of Mifune.

Mifune took a swig from his sake before answering, "Why is it a bad idea? I think it's a wonderful idea. You get to reunite with your old friends and your little brother," he slurred as he took another swig.

Riyanna glared at him, "Exactly. I don't want to reunite with my 'old friends' and deal with my little brother yet."

"You don't have any other choices, sissy. You gotta do what I say, and I say you train the brats your age."

"Two of them aren't my age."

"I already made them dig holes."

"That doesn't mean I'll train them!"

"Train the middle schoolers, you brat."

Riyanna growled at Mifune as he took another swig. She walked up to him and grabbed the bottle out of his hand and gave him the finger then walked out his office.

Mifune took a minute to process what happened, and when it did he yelled out to Riyanna, "Fine you can have that! I have more in my secret stash!"

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

"I hope he'll die in one of the holes he made them dig," Riyanna muttered as she went to look for the middle shoolers.

She let out more curses for the coach until she found the people she was looking for.

They were also cursing at the coach for making them dig up holes.

'See! I'm not the only one who hates him,' Riyanna thought.

"That's enough," she said as she walked up to them. Her 'old friends' almost immediately turned their heads to her. Ryoma looked at her with a void face but his eyes clearly looked shocked.

His eyes then gazed at the bottle she was holding. His hat shadowed his eyes at the sight of it, 'Is she...drinking?' He asked himself. He shook his head at the thought of his sister drinking.

Riyanna stood near the hole as she sighed. She looked at the bottle of sake she was holding, "Such a waste to just throw this away," she muttered.

She looked at the drop-outs, "Can you guys turn around for a bit?"

All turned around except Niou. Riyanna glared at him, "I said turn around," she commanded. Niou shook his head like a child, "No way, I wanna see what you're gonna do."

Riyanna glared at him more, "Turn.Around.Now," she said sternly. Niou just stood there looking at her, as if he didn't hear her.

"Turn around."

"I'll turn around if I can see pigs flying up in the sky."

"Niou turn around now."

"Hmmm, no thanks. I'm good."

"You're really getting on my nerves."

"It's good to hear that I accomplished something."

"Niou Masaharu, if you don't turn around, I swear I will be the one to kill you."

"I don't mind that."

She growled at him before turning to face the hole. She brought the bottle to her lips, then drank the liquid. It burned at first, but it disappeared later. After she emptied the bottle, she wiped her lips and sighed. She then faced the middle schoolers, "Okay, now turn around."

All turned around to face her. When they faced her, Riyanna dropped the empty bottle in the hole. She slowly walked away from it, "Give that kind bottle a nice burial. You all are wearing white."

Without giving them a glance, she walked away from them not without hearing the curses sent to her.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

WITH THE BOYS

They all filled the hole with dirt while cursing at the girl.

"Oi Echizen! Are you just going to stand there or you gonna help us?" Momoshiro yelled at the first-year. 

Ryoma ignored him and just stared at the direction his sister went. He faced Niou, "Ne, Niou-san. Did you see what she did?"

Niou paused his shoveling and pretended to think, "I don't know. Did I?"

Ryoma glared at him and clenched his fist, "Niou-san, I know you saw what she did so tell me."

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I saw what she did."

"Tell me!"

"Why should I tell you?"

"I'm her little brother so I have the right to know what she did!"

Niou stopped and sighed. He ruffled his hair, "You wanna know that badly."

Ryoma nodded. Niou sighed again, "She drank the sake. No big deal."

The rest of Rikkai stared at him to see if he was joking. Ryoma looked at him with anger, "'No big deal'? Why isn't it a big deal? It's a very big deal!"

Niou shrugged, "Maybe she took our promise too seriously."

Rikkai's Mother Hen joined their conversation, "Did your promise have something to do with drinking?"

Niou shrugged again, "Not only it had something to do with drinking," Ryoma looked at him with narrowed eyes. "What else?"

"It also had something to do with me killing myself."

Everyone was now listening to what Niou said. "But she made me promise not to kill myself because she said I still have lots more to live for."

Ryoma looked down and balled his fists, "Were you the cause?" Niou blinked, "What do you mean?"

Ryoma looked at him fiercely, "She went to Rikkai Dai for two years. She then suddenly left Japan. Every time we ask her why she left, all she said was, 'Go ask the Trickster. He knows why.' Which made me think the 'Trickster' was the reason why she left."

He glared at Niou, "You are Rikkai's Trickster. You are the reason why she left Japan. The reason why she changed."

Niou stared at him blankly. Thinking of something to say, a voice butted in, "Quit all your chit-chats."

They turned to see Riyanna with an emotionless look. She gazed at Ryoma and walked up to him. She removed his cap and ruffled his hair, "Like I said yesterday at the camp, Ryoma. Now's not the time to discuss such matter."

She took her hand off his head and placed his cap back. She looked up the darkened sky, "You better hurry up. It's getting dark soon."

She looked at them, "You all are lucky I managed to convince the coach to let you stay in one of the cabins."

With that, she walked to her cabin to make training regimes.

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

Hey guys! Another chapter. Sorry if it was kinda boring for you. I was trying to remember what they did up the mountain. And also, I don't encourage underaged drinking. Drinking alcoholic beverages should be done at legal drinking age. So don't drink if your age is below the legal age for drinking.

Anyway~~~ Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if there are any typos and grammatical errors. Comment and vote if you want more chapters. It gives me inspiration. That's all. Bye~~

Thanks for reading~~~~!