Before Everything: The First Day of School

Question:

If you were a Greek God or Goddess, who would you be?

Note: This chapter is about Niou and Riyanna's past, and the next few chapters.

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

A twelve-year old Echizen Riyanna was making her way to school. It was a twenty minute walk from her apartment, but she didn't mind. She prefers walking than riding to school. When she saw her school, she slowed down her pace and started fidgeting nervously.

'I wish I didn't agree to this.' The young brunette thought as she neared the school's gate. She shifted her bag to a much more comfortable place as she entered her new school. She looked around and saw that most students are chatting with their friends. Riyanna sighed as she continued to walk, searching for the assembly hall for the the school's opening ceremony.

"This is going to be a long day." Riyanna whispered as she shifted her bag again.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

A certain silver haired boy was sitting on a chair a few rows from the stage. As he waited for the ceremony start, brown hair caught his eye. He turned to his left and saw the girl take a seat on the aisle of his row. 'What a shy girl.' Niou mused as he saw her look around nervously, before leaning back on his chair and staring at the ceiling.

After a few minutes passed, the hall slowly became populated. And soon, the ceremony began.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

"I'm telling you, I'm starting to regret leaving." Riyanna said, her phone on the grassy ground. Sounds came out from her phone's speaker. "Awww, you can just say you miss me already~!" The person from the other line sang. Riyanna's eye twitched and she picked up her phone and placed it on her knee. "I think this'll be good though. New environment. New people. New school." She said.

A hum sounded from her phone. "I'll just translate that to 'I miss you, Kenneth!'" The boy said. "By the way, aren't you supposed to be in class?" Kenneth reminded. Riyanna shrugged, "The principal said that today we can roam around the school, and get to know people, join clubs, those stuff."

"I see. You gonna join the tennis club?" Kenneth asked. "Well, yeah. Isn't that already obvious?" Riyanna rhetorically asked as she played with the grass underneath her. "Anyway, I gotta go. I want to join the club A.S.A.P." Riyanna said. The two said their goodbye's and ended the call.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

"A unisex club?" Riyanna muttered, as she saw some girls at the tennis court. "Yep! The principal wanted the school to participate in mixed doubles in tournaments." A new voice chirped in. She turned around and found a red-haired boy accompanied by a dark skinned boy. The two looked around Riyanna's age and year.

"Didn't you listen to the principal?" The red-haired boy asked Riyanna. The brunette smiled apologetically, "I was spacing out." She reasoned. "Are you joining the club?" The dark skinned boy asked her. Riyanna hummed while nodding her head and smiling. "Oh, by the way, I'm Marui Bunta! This guy's Kuwahara Jackal!" The cheery redhead introduced.

"Echizen Riyanna." She said a bit shyly. Marui walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her neck, "From now on you're my other best friend!" He exclaimed, catching the attention of others. "What class are you in?" He asked. Riyanna blinked, "Class 1-B." She answered. Marui suddenly hugged her, "The three of us are in the same class!" He yelled.