Before Everything: The Data-Boy

Question:

What do you do during summer?

My Answer: Anything (mostly sleep, eat, read, and tease my sister. Nothing productive).

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

It's already the last day of their first week of school, when the principal announced that there will be an "Acquaintance Party" to be held the following day.

Riyanna thought that the party will be pointless since you can still meet new people during your time here at school. Without second thoughts, Riyanna decided to not go to the party. One reason is she hates parties. And second is already mentioned, the party will be pointless.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

Riyanna slowly walked to her classroom with a straight face, thinking about the party tomorrow. The young brunette was hesitating about going to the party or not. Sure she decided earlier that she won't go, but this could be her chance to meet new friends. 'Oh, who am I kidding? I can still meet new people throughout the year.' Riyanna thought. She took a deep breath before she slid the classroom door open.

"Ri~yan~na~!" An energetic voice boomed inside the classroom. After the shout, Riyanna felt arms around her. The girl rolled her eyes and grabbed on the person's arms, knowing it was Marui. "Riyanna~ Jackal won't come with me to the arcade later! Can you come with me instead?" Marui asked Riyanna.

"Really? Early in the morning, and you're already whining. Jeez." Riyanna said, sighing once again. Marui let go of Riyanna, and looks at her with worry written on his face. "Same goes to you, Riya. It's 'early in the morning' and you are already sighing. What happened?" He asked. "Plus, it's already time for our lunch break, so it's not early in the morning." Marui added.

The young brunette shook her head then smiled at the redhead. "Still early for me. And I'm fine. Don't worry, Marui." She assured him. Marui still looked at her, not believing on what she said. After a minute of Marui's awkward stare and Riyanna's nervous fidgeting, the red-haired boy sighed, "Fine, but if you have a problem, just tell me, okay?" 

Riyanna smiled at him, "Thanks, Marui." She then began to walk to her seat, ignoring the glares of Marui's fangirls. "Wait," Marui called out. "Aren't you gonna have lunch with us?" He questioned Riyanna.

Riyanna smiled and shook her head, "No thanks, I'm not hungry." She reasoned. Jackal looked at her, "Are you sure? You know you have to eat to get more energy, especially since we're having an Inter-school Tournament." Jackal said. Riyanna looked at him with a slightly confused face, "I thought freshmen aren't allowed." She said. Jackal smiled slightly, "Maybe the rules will change." He said.

"Hmmm, sounds possible, but that doesn't mean I'm going to eat lunch. And I just got here" Riyanna told Jackal. Marui suddenly glomped Riyanna, "At least come eat with us!" He whined. Riyanna tried to remove his grip from her small frame, but soon stopped when she realized the redhead wasn't showing signs of letting go. "Fine, I'll come with." She said in a defeated tone. Marui lets her go, and practically jumped up and down after Riyanna said she'll come.

Once again, Marui grabbed her and dragged her out the room and to the cafeteria. Riyanna felt stares behind her, so she looked back. She saw majority of the girls in the room glare at her with envy and jealousy. Riyanna turned away and cringed. How she hated fangirls.

'It's only been a week and Marui is already famous. Don't know whether it's his adorableness or his amazing tennis skills.' Riyanna thought as she let herself get dragged by the cheery redhead, with his friend following them.