Chapter 6

Bold = English

Italics = Thoughts

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

"You're lucky I managed to convince the coach to let you stay at one of the cabins," Riyanna said as she walked away.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

"It'll be dark soon. And since the middle schoolers came late, they only did one training today," Mifune said as he stood on a makeshift stage in front of the high schoolers and middle schoolers. Riyanna sat at the edge of the stage, her back facing them. And as always, she was spacing out but she can still hear them as clear as day.

"Was digging holes part of the training?" Riyanna heard one of the middle schoolers whisper.

"We'll wrap up today's training and decide," Mifune said. "Decide what?" Momoshiro questioned Mifune. "Where you'll be sleeping tonight," Mifune finished.

Riyanna's golden eyes widened a fraction and glared at Mifune. The coach just ignored the girl's glare and continued what he was saying, "The cabin's only big enough for either of the high schoolers and middle schoolers, not both."

"Are you saying..." Momoshiro started. "We'll play against the high schoolers and the winner will sleep in the cabin tonight, right?" Sanada continued.

Momoshiro chuckled, "Of course. We'll play against the high schoolers."

"Just so you know. The losers get to sleep in the cave," Mifune said as he gestured to the nearby cave.

"It's the 'High Schoolers V.S. Middle Schoolers Battle for Beds'!" Mifune yelled.

"What a lame title," Riyanna said, gaining the attention of the coach. Mifune looked at her with sharp eyes, "You have a problem with that, little girl?" he asked sarcastically.

Riyanna's glared intensified, "In fact, I do have a problem."

Mifune just ignored Riyanna and proceeded in telling the rules, "The rules are simple. Those who miss, step out the court. Last one standing is the winner."

Riyanna was getting annoyed of the coach, 'We made a deal earlier!'

"Hold on. That's not fair!" Momoshiro protested.

Mifune simply ignored his protest, "Are you ready?"

"We've got less people than them," another middle schooler protested.

"He's not listening," Shitenhouji's Tensai muttered. "I don't think complaining will do any good," Kawamura said to Zaizen.

Momoshiro handed Kawamura a racket, "Here, Taka-san." Kawamura took it and his personality suddenly changed, "BURNING! Even if we've got less people, it's no problem! Hit me with your best shot!" he yelled.

Riyanna resisted the urge to facepalm, 'Great. Just great.'

"That's the spirit!" Mifune yelled, "Begin!"

Almost immediately after he said that, a high schooler served.

Finally giving Riyanna a chance to talk to him, he signaled her to follow him.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

"What the hell! We made a deal!" Riyanna yelled at Mifune, clearly pissed.

"So?" Mifune said, making Riyanna even more pissed. "We made a deal that the middle schoolers will sleep in one of the cabins. There are 4 cabins here. One is yours, the other is mine. Why the hell are you making them play against each other just for a cabin? There are two more cabins!"