Chapter 12

Underline = Flashback

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

It has been two days since Riyanna and Kenneth's match. Two days since her biggest fear coming near. Two days since Riyanna started neglecting her job as a coach and trainee. Two days since she started ignoring everyone -- including the coaches. Two days since she started walking around with her eyes closed.

Because of Riyanna's sudden behavior, Kenneth got concerned and began bugging Riyanna what happened after she left the court.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

"What happened to you after you stopped our match?" Kenneth asked Riyanna as she tries to peel a potato with her eyes closed. Riyanna stayed silent like she did for two days. The redhead sighed in annoyance when the brunette didn't say a word. He's been trying to get her to talk, but nothing got out of her mouth. Not even a sigh.

Kenneth was strangling himself on the inside and debating whether he should yell at her or he should pry the information out her gently. He sighed again and took the peeler from Riyanna's hold along with the potatoes.

"You could cut yourself if you continue on peeling the potatoes with your eyes closed since the peeler's really sharp." Kenneth stated with a soft tone as he peeled the potatoes. "What are you gonna make anyway?" Kenneth asked.

Riyanna stayed quiet before she answered. "... Mashed potatoes." Riyanna muttered. Kenneth stopped peeling and looked at Riyanna, "You only eat mashed potatoes when you're stressed." Kenneth mused. "And also, are you planning on peeling all twenty potatoes and mash them then it eat all of it?" He added.

"Just shut up and let me do it." Riyanna sighed. She moved her hand to take the peeler from Kenneth's hand, but he moved his hand away from her. "If you're planning on peeling with your eyes closed, forget it." Kenneth said with a serious voice.

Riyanna glared at him for a good two minutes, watching him as he peels the potatoes. She sighed and took out the equipments in making mashed potatoes. Without making a conversation, the two worked silently.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

Kenneth leaned back on the couch as he stared at Riyanna as she searched around her DVD collection, looking for a good movie to watch. "Are you gonna tell me what got you that stressed?" Kenneth asked Riyanna.

Like what she did the past thirty minutes, she made no noise and continued searching. As Riyanna looked for a movie, she ignored everything that came out of Kenneth's mouth. While searching, a disk caught her eye. She picked it up and stared at it.

"Big Hero 6", written in an elegant handwriting.

Riyanna gave a small and gentle smile as she remembered the last time she saw the movie.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

"Riya-nee, why is the good guy now a bad guy?" A 7 year-old boy asked a 13 year-old Riyanna as he lightly glared at the TV screen. The little boy had shaggy silver hair and brown eyes. He would've been a mini version of Niou if he had blue eyes.

Riyanna let out a chuckle and pulled on his cheek. "If you want an answer, just watch the movie, Masa-chan." Riyanna said. 'Masa-chan' pouted and crossed his arms, "My name's Masato! Not Masa-chan!" He complained. "Eh? But Masa-chan sounds cuter than Masato." Riyanna teased.

Masato's chubby cheeks were tinted with red, "Onii-san! Riya-nee is bullying me!" Masato whined. Exactly on time, Niou walked into the room with a towel hanging on his head. It looked like he just finished showering. "Hime-chan, stop teasing little Masa-chan." Niou joined Riyanna's teasing.