Chapter 10

Bold = English

Italics = Thoughts

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

THE NEXT DAY

THE CAMP'S CAFE

It was eight in the morning, Riyanna went to the café to get breakfast with Kenneth following her. She ignored him as he skipped behind her with a happy aura around him. Flowers, sparkles, and the color pink was surrounding him.

Pushing open the door, she found some of the middle schoolers eating and chatting together. Riyanna looked around to find an empty table for her to eat on.

"Riyanna~!" Kenneth sang. Riyanna ignored him and walked to an empty table near the window. She sat down and stared outside as Kenneth sat in front of her.

"Riyanna~!" Kenneth whined as Riyanna ignored him. Sighing, Riyanna looked at Kenneth with a glare, "What now?" she snapped. The boy smiled with flowers around his head, "Guess what~!"

Riyanna dropped her glare by a fraction, "You're finally admitting you are gay," she guessed. Kenneth nodded, "Yes!" His smile dropped when he realized what she said and blushed a bright red, "Wh-What?! No! I'm not gay!" Kenneth yelled. Riyanna raised an eyebrow, "Oh really?"

Kenneth nodded his head in a quick speed, trying to convince Riyanna that he isn't gay. "Hmm, I always thought you were gay," Riyanna mused with a smirk plastered on her face. Kenneth glared at her before dropping it, almost immediately, replacing it with a smirk of his own.

"Why do you think I'm gay after what I did to you last night?" Kenneth teased. Riyanna's smirk dropped and glared at him, "At least I wasn't the one rolling around the floor in pain. And also, that sounded wrong," Riyanna remarked. Kenneth's smirk fell when he heard the first sentence, but came back after hearing the last one.

He took both of her hands and kissed them, making Riyanna's glare increased but it didn't look threatening because of the faint blush on her cheeks, "Darling, it was meant to sound wrong."

"You're starting to piss me off," Riyanna stated with a sharp tone. She harshly took her hands and stood up her from her chair. She gave one last glance at Kenneth, "I lost my appetite. Have fun eating by yourself," she sneered as she left Kenneth alone.

The said boy stared at her as she left. He sighed and ruffled his hair, 'Great. Now she's really mad at me,' he thought as he calmly stood up. He walked to the door only to be stopped by a calm voice.

"Hey you!"

Kenneth looked back with a slight frown on his face. A boy with messy black hair and green eyes was the one who called out. Kenneth scowled at him, "What?" he muttered. The boy glared at him, "What's your relationship with Riyanna-senpai?!" He yelled.

"Why do you care?" Kenneth asked. He wanted to give him a smug smirk and tell him he's Riyanna's boyfriend, but after seeing his uniform, which clearly yelled 'Rikkai Dai', he decided not to. The black haired boy's glare didn't falter and continued.

"I'm protecting Riyanna-senpai from other boys so that she won't be hurt!" he yelled again. "Akaya, that's enough," a soft voice interrupted. The boy, Akaya, turned around and found a blue haired boy. His eyes widened at the sight of the other boy, "B-Buchou!"

All of a sudden, Kenneth chuckled. The two Rikkai members looked at him with a confused look asking silently why he was chuckling. Kenneth waved a hand to dismiss their question before saying, "Don't mind me, I was just laughing at what your teammate said."

Yukimura, the captain, smiled at him, "If I may ask, what was so funny about Akaya's statement?" Yukimura asked. Kenneth stopped chuckling and looked at them with a serious look, "He said he's protecting Riyanna from getting hurt from other boys."

"It's too late now. She already got hurt from your trickster," Kenneth added. He looked at Akaya, who almost flinched when he moved his gaze to him, and stated, "I am her soon-to-be boyfriend. I'll win her heart. I won't loose to that guy." He and Yukimura let a little stare off begin, before he left the café and went to where Riyanna was.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

MEANWHILE IN RIYANNA'S COTTAGE

Riyanna was sitting on her bedroom floor holding a bottle of sake, her mind empty. Every time when she feels angry, bored, and depressed, she drinks. She didn't care she was underage. She doesn't listen to the other coaches. She doesn't listen to anybody, even Ryoga.

She looked at the bottle and saw that it was almost empty. Riyanna furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "What the hell? I swear it was full a minute ago," she whispered as she brought the bottle to her lips.

"That's because you're already drunk."

Riyanna turned to the doorway and found Kenneth leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed. Riyanna snorted and drank the last of the sake, "What do you want?"

Kenneth marched towards her and took the bottle away, "You're drunk. Stop it," he stated firmly. Riyanna glared at him then stood up, stumbling a bit, "How can you tell that I am drunk," she questioned. If you didn't know Riyanna, and saw her drunk, you can't tell whether she is drunk or not because of the way she speaks. No slurring. But if you get her to move and she stumbles, even a little bit, she's drunk.

Kenneth sighed and gently poked her forehead with his pointing finger. When he did, Riyanna stumbled back. He quickly gripped on her arm to prevent her from falling down. "See? You are," Kenneth concluded.

Riyanna tried to pry off Kenneth's arm from her arm, but failed miserably. "Don't you remember that you have a meeting with the other coaches?" Kenneth asks as he tightened his grip. Riyanna stopped and scowled, "Just tell them I wasn't feeling well."

"And let Saito waltz in here screaming about how pitiful you are for not feeling well?" Kenneth scoffed. Riyanna let the information sink in before sighing, "Fine. Let's go."

Just as Riyanna was going to leave and go to the meeting, Kenneth stopped her. "Wait. You can't go out when you're drunk," he protested. Riyanna glared at him before roughly pulling her arm from his grip, "They won't know," she growled as she walked, more like stumbled, her way out her cottage.

What she didn't know is that she's going to regret going out in her drunken state.

<<~~~~~~~~~~>>

Hey~~! Late chapter... Sorry! My mind got busy because our Christmas Party is coming and our adviser assigned me and my friends to dance in it. I love dancing but I'm too shy to let my classmates see me dance. Frick nuggets.... And now, I couldn't get my ideas out my head! What the balls!

I also realized that I didn't give you a description of Kenneth, so here you go. Kenneth has dark red hair and forest green eyes. He is Riyanna's best friend in America. And his school's heartthrob. His height is the same as Niou, which is 175 cm., I'm not really good in describing things (and people), but I hope it helped. I think I should make a book with my OC's information. What do you guys think?

I have a question, do you think I should put a Christmas Special? And also, Riyanna's birthday is coming, should I also make her a birthday special? I already have ideas for both, but I want your opinions. And should I follow the anime/manga or I should make my own? I'm a bit confused right now... Please help me (ーー;)

Anyway~~ Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Mistakes will be edited soon. Comment and vote for more chapters. Please let me hear your opinions about the story, it helps me a lot and maybe I can improve it. That's all!

Thank you for reading~~~~!!!!

Bye~~~~~!!!!!