Detective now Sheriff... Joy.

Sheriff wasn't a huge step down from where he was but it was cool. Now, he was going to be play boss for the people in his office.

     Smiling lightly at the people who smiled at him, Andres managed to make it to his office, which he probably wouldn't have found if not for some man that rushed to him.

"We've got big problem boss. We weren't able to get a confession from the culprit before his lawyer showed up." The man said as he led Andres to his office.

Andres kept a grim face and tried to look interested as he unlocked his office door and let the man enter before him.

The man didn't even let Andres get to his seat and bring out the information paper before he continued talking again. "Barnes' working on him and his lawyer now. They've got to give us our man's DNA or this case's just gonna drag."

     Remaining silent, Andres brought out the information paper from his suit's inner pocket and glanced through the faces on the paper. Grinning when he finally saw him, he looked up at the dark skinned man before him. He was particularly buff, wore his suit like a man with authority.

"Joshua, calm your shit. I'm sure Barnes can work them out." Andres didn't know if his character normally cursed but, they didn't exactly tell him how his character was supposed to act. They only told him to blend in. And to Andres, blending in was being him.

Joshua threw his hands on his waist and frowned at him. "Boss, this isn't a joke. This case has been on for two weeks and our victim feels like justice isn't served."

That made Andres frown. Two weeks? Andres had read the files once and could already guess who the culprit was. This was a regular sexual assault case.

     Shoving the information paper back into his pocket, he stood up as he said, "Great. You got me standing. Take me to him."

Joshua sighed in relief before leading Andres to the man Andres suspected was the culprit.

     David Marrow sat upright the second Andres came in. He looked just like the pictures in his folder. Long brown hair that fell down his shoulder but didn't quite match his full beard. He wore white singlet with a leather jacket which covered the colorful tattoos that spread across his chest and disappeared under the jacket. David had that rock and punk look and Andres wanted to bet the dude had at least meth in him.

Sadly, that wasn't why David was there.

    David's lawyer sat up the second he saw Andres who waved over at Barnes, the second officer working the case. Barnes stood up and they met at the door. Running a hand through his hair, he looked at Barnes. "Give me a run-down of what's been said."

"Nothing actually." He replied quickly with a sigh. "His lawyer is a tough man to crack and wouldn't let the kid talk."

Andres nodded, then gave Barnes a pat on the back. "You go out. I'll take it from here."

Barnes frowned, glancing between Andres and James who just stood there quietly. Andres had a feeling James suspected the same guy and he almost contemplated sending him out instead before James started judging them with his emotions. But Andres didn't know him so he wanted to use this chance to do so.

"Okay." Barnes nodded then left the room without another word.

    Closing the door behind him, Andres went up to the lawyer while James sat behind the desk on the opposite side staring at both of them like he would rather have their heads than be there, listening to them lie.

"You are in charge here, right?" The old man stood up to shake Andres's hand. "I'm Thomas Lonza, David Marrow's lawyer."

"I'm Andres Maximiliano. Sheriff." He nodded at the man then went to sit beside James.