Cheaters are losers! Always.

"What do you mean you are going out for drinks? I promised I was making dinner." Leon's voice rang in his ears from his phone.

Stuart rolled his eyes. "I promise I'll make it back for dinner."

"Really? God, Stuart. Don't stay out too late."

Those words stop him from getting into Michaela's car. Who did he think he was? Telling him when to be back home? "I'm not your wife, Leon. Bloody leave me alone!" Then he hung up before Leon could come at him again or before he could start feeling bad about bringing up his wife.

    Getting into Michaela's car, he pretended not to notice her stare and kept quiet. She played along as they drove off and Stuart was glad about that. But that small joy didn't last forever when she said, "Are you being mean to lil o' Leon again?"

"Again?"

"Oh come on. You're the mean one in the family. If I married you, I'll ask for a divorce the second you start coming home late. It raises questions you know." She rolled her eyes at him.

"It's not like we are goin' out to do somethin' bad or I'm cheatin'. I'm just havin' a drink with a friend. He should bloody calm his tits, I don't even fuckin' know him." He huffed, staring out the window in annoyance.

"'Don't fucking know him?' I'm lost. Are you both seriously fighting? 'Cause you both are my OTP." Michaela glanced quickly at him before focusing back on the road.

    Stuart refused to answer that because he could already feel the guilt eating at him. He shouldn't have snapped at Leon. Leon was only being protective because he once had a family or at least a wife.

    Groaning mentally from Michaela's unnecessary attempt at changing the topic, he tried to focus on other things. It was still a bit bright but was getting darker by the minute since it looked like it was about to rain. Compared to Sydney, San Francisco was pretty cold. Sure, there wasn't snow but it was colder than where he had been from. And that just made him angry.

Stuart had always wanted to travel to a country that snowed during the winter. Finding out he was in the part of America that snowed rarely just made him hate The Gay Project more. If they were going to take him away, at least they should have dumped him in a country he would love.

"We are here." Michaela's voice echoed in the quiet car.

He turned to her and smiled. "Sorry for my attitude before." 

"Oh sugar cakes, I'm used to your unnecessary outburst." She chuckled, turning off the ignition. "What you need is a good o' spanking from Leon now." She then turned to give Stuart a look that had the hair on his skin raising.

Michaela chuckled at that before getting out of he car and going to stand in front of the bar that said, TIMMY'S PLACE in cursive italics. She quickly motioned for him to get out of the car and he did with a sigh. He was the one who suggested so he had to follow through.

"I hate this joint so much." Michaela continued babbling as they walked into the place together.

    The bar was pretty cool. There was a dance floor, nice amount of space to move around. Decent bar, filled booth. The place had money. Not like the rackety old bar down the road back at his home town.

"If I could pay Timmy to shut it down, I'll burn it to the ground."  Stuart finally caught on to the words she was saying as they squeezed through the crowd to find a seat by the bar. "Two tequilas please." She yelled at the young bartender who nodded at her.

Rubbing his hands together, he smiled as his hands warmed then he said, "What happened in here that made you hate it so much?"

Michaela's eyes widened. "Didn't I tell you? This was where I found out my buffoon of a husband was cheating on me. And yeah, you'd think a strip club but no. Just a rusty old bar."