Having Doubts

"I hate this!"

"Admit it already, jeez. I'm getting bored from watching you like this."

"Then leave me!"

"Oh cut the crap Stuart."

     Today, more like the week, hadn't been amazing. Leon thought with the whole work thing gone he could have more time with the kids but no. It wasn't like that because the second the last week of the month rolled up, the kids were gone. Along with Bonnie and everyone he knew were working with The Gay Project.

     Mrs. Lynn who lived down the street pretended not to recognize him. It was like the whole two months he had spent with everyone except Stuart, Vladimir and Andres were wiped out. No one fucking knew him!

     And it wasn't only him. Stuart, Andres and Vlad too. Stuart didn't really care because he and Michaela or rather Langdon had stopped talking before these strange occurrences. Andres and Vlad got evicted from their house and their car gone.

     The both of them dropping by Leon's door step yesterday without their kids confirmed that these strange occurrences were The Gay Project's doing.

     Not that Leon minded the extra roommates, but it was annoying and weird to wake up to a squeaky clean house. Vladimir was a clean freak but Leon didn't think Andres had realized that.

     At the moment, Vlad was preparing lunch while Andres was stuck in his room. There really wasn't much to do with no job and no kids to disturb.

Thinking about it, how had he lived before? Oh yeah, alone and in despair.  

"Come on Stuart, let's do something or go somewhere after lunch." Leon fell down on the couch right beside the man who was playing Faun's video game. He had been on that game since last night.

He groaned. "You could pick up a controller and join me. You'll get absorbed."

"And that is not the life I want." He caught the controller in Stuart's hands but the Aussie pulled it away from him.

"If I fail, I'm going to fucking hit you." Stuart glared at him then focused back on the TV where his character was switching guns.

     Leon really didn't want to piss the man off but he needed a little attention. With no Mariam to fawn over and no Faun to piss off, Stuart was all he had left.

     He would have gone to start a conversation with Vlad but he wasn't in the mood to listen to him talk because when Vlad was deep into explaining what he loved, his accent got deeper and it could be really hard to understand.

     Andres was a no go area since he hadn't left his room. Lord knew what he was doing in there.

     Leon stared at the video game on the TV for a while before taking in a deep breath and snatching the controller from Stuart. The men attacking Stuart's character immediately let loose when he stood frozen in place then the screen screamed 'Game Over'.

However, Leon was distracted by the Tv to have noticed when Stuart stood up from the chair. It was when he was about to laugh in his face he saw the man walk out of the living room.

Tossing the controller on the arm chair, he stood up and ran after the man. "Hey, where are you going?"

"Away from you." His tone was a lot darker and that stopped Leon from following him up the stairs.

"Stuart, can we talk?"

"No. I'm going to take a nap."

Leon too one step up as he said, "Great, let me join you."