0.2

"Calum? Do you have a pen I could borrow?" Ashton asked his best friend and co-worker. The boy had a man bun and a sweet smile with a pretty face. He was a sweetheart.

"What? I'm mean — yeah, sure." Calum stuttered, jolting up from a nap he was taking. He grabbed a pen from his supply cup and handed it to his friend with a sigh. The man had bags under his eyes due to the lack of sleep.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asked in a whisper, leaning over to Calum's desk. Their desks were facing each other, meaning they basically stared at each other all day. The older man could see every day how tired and miserable his friend looked.

"I'm fine. It's just, Nicki is being so complicated. She thinks I don't love her and I do. She literally threw plates at me last night because I mumbled an I love you to her." Calum explained, putting his chin in his hand with a giant sigh.

"That's how marriages work, buddy. You're going to have problems, you just have to learn to fix them and not do anything stupid." Ashton shrugged, typing something on his computer and kicking his feet a little.

"You're not even married, Ashton. This has been going on for months and months. Why can't she just see that I do love her? She keeps me up at night, just crying and crying." Calum huffed, watching as his boss walk towards the two.

"Calum, Ashton. We're having a party to celebrate Phyllis' birthday, can you buy coffee and a cake?" Michael Scott asked, giving the two a big smile. He suddenly looked over to another co-worker with the biggest frown. "Toby, I don't want you here during the party."

"Why is that Michael?" Toby sighed, holding a cup of water in his hand. He was very used to his boss's behavior, he knew Michael Scott did not like him.

"Because you bring so much sadness into the office and just you being here makes me depressed." Michael Scott replied, turning back to Ashton and Calum. "Please get that cake and coffee before one."

"Yes, sir." Ashton mumbled, twirling his pencil between his fingers and spinning in his chair. He glanced at the clock that was on the wall and saw it was almost twelve, meaning the had an hour to get a cake and coffee for the party.

"C'mon, I know this awesome bakery a couple miles away that have amazing cakes. We can get coffee on the way back." Calum informed, standing up from his chair and putting on his coat along with Ashton. Calum grabbed his car keys and walked out of the door.

Both men walked to the elevator and got inside, Ashton pressing the bottom floor to get to Calum's car. As they walked out of the elevator when it stopped, Calum was already calling the bakery to order the cake. Ashton got inside of the passenger seat as Calum got into the driver's seat.

The younger man started the car and drove out of the parking lot. Calum and Ashton worked at the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, they barely did anything but they still got payed. Their boss never wanted to work so he makes plans and has parties as distractions to get out of working.

Calum was a twenty eight year old man married to his high school sweetheart, Nicki. They've been married for quite some time but they have been having some problems lately. Nicki is a very insecure woman, she always thought her husband never loved her, she has always thought this. But she's been showing it a lot more for the past couple of months.

Some nights, she'll just cry and cry, keeping Calum up all night because the sound is heartbreaking. He loves his wife dearly, he just doesn't show it very much. He gives her affection but not the kind she wants. She wants sex, she wants to have sex so they can have kids. Calum doesn't want kids. That's why Nicki thinks Calum doesn't love her.

It's complicated.

"Any love interests?" Calum teased his friend, wiggling his eyebrows as he kept his eyes on the road. His grip loosened on the steering wheel when getting all the stress out of his head.