2.4

It was officially tomorrow, and both boys were nervous but neither admitted to it. Their friends noticed, but didn't dare speak a word. They had an idea to what was going on but they weren't gonna say anything unless they had a confirmation of sort.

"Kian have you seen my black vans anywhere," asked a frantic Luke while looking under the couch.

"These black vans? The ones that are sitting by the door?" Kian asked as he picked up the size eight vans from the floor with his two fingers and jutting it out towards Luke. "Thank you." Luke sighed out while quickly sliding them on.

"What time are you going to be back?" Kian asked Luke curiously.

"I'll be back around nine or ten, I'm not sure," he admitted while fixing his hair in the small mirror he hanged up at the door entrance. "Okay, well just in case....." Kian trailed off while pulling out a square packet from his hands.

"It's pre-lubed so you don't have to worry about carrying the bottle around." Luke stared at the small packet and then back at Kian who was waiting for him to grab it.

"What? I'm being a good friend here and helping you stay away from STD's. You know what," he said while walking up to Luke's wallet and putting the condom in their before patting it shut again.

"There you go...." As he spoke they heard Luke's phone go off indicating that Luke's date was there. "I gotta go, don't eat my entire fridge and please please I beg you don't have sex on my couch again. If your gonna fuck do it at house and not mine."

Shutting the door shut and walking down to Calum's car. Luke felt his palms begin to sweat and his chest begin to tighten. He was nervous, he didn't know what to think of this "friendly" going out. He didn't know if it was considered a date or not.

He himself didn't even know if he wanted to get back together with Calum.

--->

Watching Luke through car window Calum smiled fondly at the blonde boy.

Watching his open the door and sit down in the seat he greeted him. "Hey Luke."

"Hi Calum." His soft voice responded making Calum's heart skip a single beat.

"You ready to go," he asked waiting for Luke's nod of confirmation.

Once he got it he drove out of Luke's neighborhood heading out of the city. Hearing hum along to the song that was quietly playing on the radio Calum glanced at me before turning his head back to look at the road.

"How have you been?", asked Calum as he stopped at a red light. "I've been fine, the insults I've been receiving are becoming the normal for me. Getting used to them, but I'm very grateful that Kian's still by my side."

Gripping the wheel when he heard Kian's name turning his knuckles completely white Calum forced a smile on his face. He wasn't too keen on Kian, heck he hated the guy. He hated the fact that he got to see Luke everyday, that he got to talk to him, and be near him. This is the closet he's been with Luke in weeks. He feels jealous that Kian gets to see the love of his life every day, hour, and minute of the day; while he lives with the image of Luke in his mind.

"Do you like Kian?" Calum asked as he got on the freeway leaving only an hour and twenty eight minutes of the ride. "Yeah, he's a really sweet guy. I mean I don't like like him, he's like my best friend. I've only known him for a couple weeks but I feel like we've known each other for years. Do you know what I mean?" Luke asked a slightly relieved yet confused Calum.

"Yeah, I think so." He mumbled while turning the volume of the car up even more so they wouldn't have to talk much.

The rest of the car ride was quiet. The moment they got to the cafe near the beach Calum rushed over to Luke's side and opened the door for him. Noticing the small blush on Luke's pale cheeks Calum smiled knowing he was be cause of it. Feeling his heart skip a beat as Luke's hand gently brushed his every once in a while as they walked down the small bridge that led to there destination.