2.3

The moon and the stars hanged up high in the sky as Calum sat down on the soft grainy sand. The waves crashed loudly as he threw small little pebbles he kept finding under the sand.

It was two thirty seven in the morning. He couldn't sleep and his thoughts were everywhere. Calum liked going to the beach on nights like these because it helped him relax.

His thoughts were causing a large hurricane inside his head. All of them were surrounded around a certain blonde, blue eyed boy. Calum has tried to find ways to bump into the blonde again and has tried to call him, but every time he does he chickens out.

One thing that wouldn't get out of his head was who the boy Luke was with yesterday was. Did Luke move on already? Did he have a new boyfriend? Who was he?

Shaking his head Calum pulled his phone out of his pocket to look at the time, seven forty one.

Setting his phone on the sand in front of him Calum smiled at his lock screen; a picture of Luke kissing his cheek while his eyes were closed and he had the biggest smile.

The picture was taken days before everything happened. He missed it. He missed Luke.

Staring at his phone while tapping his fingers in the tap Calum began to debate whether to call Luke or not.

He weighed out the pros and cons. The con's ended up weighing out the pro's.

Luke had been staring at his eggshell, uneven ceiling for the past four hours. It was two fourty two. He couldn't fall asleep, he had way to many things on his mind. He was thankful it was still the weekend and he didn't have to worry about falling asleep in the middle of teaching his class.

Sighing Luke closed his eyes and tried to force his body to fall asleep and for his mind to shut up. It wouldn't listen.

After ten minutes of trying to sleep Luke gave up. Opening his eyes once again Luke began to count sheep. When that didn't work he started singing a song in his mind while slightly humming to he beat.

It was two fifty six when his eyes finally grew heavy and he fell asleep.

Jolting awake as his phone suddenly started ringing from his nightstand next to him. Not even bothering to check the caller ID he pressed the small green button and pressed it to his ear.

"Hello?" He asked in a husky voice annoyed with the person who was calling him this late.

"Hey Luke." He heard the all two familiar voice speak. Sitting up on his bed Luke furrowed his eyebrows and said, "Calum? Is everything okay?" He asked feeling slightly worried over the boy.

"No...well I mean yes. Everything's okay, I was actually calling to ask if you could maybe hang out with me right now at the beach that's like ten minutes away from my house?"

Hearing Calum's voice shake Luke knew it took him a while to gain up the nerve to call him.

"Calum it's three in the morning."

"I know, I'm sorry I just really don't want to be alone right now."

Biting his lip Luke looked towards his curtain covered window before sighing, "Fine I'll be their in fifteen minutes."

Saying their final goodbyes Luke grabbed his car keys, slipped on his vans, and grabbed a random beanie. Jogging towards his car and unlocking it Luke turned the engine on. Locking his doors he  put the car in reverse and made his way towards the beach.

Luke was beyond nervous. He didn't know how this night would go. He didn't know if it was gonna be a night he would remember for all the right reasons or all the wrong reasons.