2.1

Trudging his long, exhausted body through the school parking lot towards the large double doors. Luke nervously chewed on his bottom lip while gripping his coffee cup with his left hand. Sucking in a deep breath Luke pushed the heavy doors open and entered the elementary school. Walking past the office and down the long narrow hallways towards his classroom. He avoided the judge mental stares and whispers coming from the staff. Ignoring the pain in his chest as he was called a slut, whore, and the surprised whispers when they realized he was back.

Unlocking his classroom door and shutting it immediately not being able to take the stares and whispering about him being a home wrecker.

Glancing up at the clock and noticing that his students will start walking in any minute now. Luke set his coffee down on his desk before going back and opening his door.

Sitting on his chair grabbing a stack of ungraded papers from yesterday, Luke grabbed his favorite pen and began grading.

Only glancing up every once in a while to greet a student Luke continued to grade papers until the clock hit eight o'clock sharp. Once it did Luke got up and clapped his hands together grabbing his third graders attention. "Good morning class, today for the next hour we are going to be working in centers. I will give you a number I hold you responsible for memorizing it."

He smiled before giving each of his students a number and assigning them to a center.

Once he saw everyone was settled in Luke walked back to his desk and organized his papers. Suddenly a neon pink notecard caught his attention making him scrunch up his eyebrows. Grabbing the thin paper Luke read off the words written in blue ink.

You are a disgrace, disgusting home wrecker

Feeling his eyes fill up with tears he ripped up the paper throwing it in the bin next to him. Putting his face in his hands Luke rested his elbows on the wooden desk. His day just couldn't get any worse.

It was now lunch time and Luke had just arrived with his class. Watching them scramble away to the tables or lunch line he walked over to the teacher side. Sitting down on his usual seat Luke noticed that Robin still hadn't arrived with her class. Taking his food out and setting it neatly on the table he saw the familiar women's hair walk towards the teacher's side of the lunchroom.

Luke immediately stood up, rushing in front of her with an awkward smile. They almost bumped chests due to the sudden burst. The blonde took a step back, shoving his hands in his pockets when looking at Robin. "Hey.. How are you?"

"I'm okay." Robin muttered, picking at the strap of her lunchbox. Her foot was tapping against the marble floor, a look of uncomfortable glazed her eyes.

Knowing why she wasn't acting normal towards him, Luke sighed softly to himself. But, he decided to play dumb. "You.. You haven't been answering my messages. I thought we were going to hang out during the weekend."

"I know." Robin sighed, glancing down at her shoes, rocking on her heels. Her eyes glanced back up as he removed a piece of hair that bounced in her face. "Listen, I don't think we should talk or hang out anymore."

It felt like Luke was being stabbed in the chest. Robin was a close friend, well he thought. They didn't eat their food until the other came at lunch time. That wasn't going to happen anymore and Luke was devastated. "What? Why?"

"It's just.. You broke up a marriage. Yeah, they were probably having problems but that doesn't mean you hook up with someone who is married." Robin explained, letting her arm that held her lunch box fall to her side. Tears grazed her eyes, showing that he didn't want to do this but she felt she had to. "I'm sorry, Luke."

Before he knew it, Robin brushed past him and walked towards the table with all the other teachers. Luke slowly sat back down at his own table, feeling like he was going to sob any moment. Looking behind him, he saw her sit down with the other teachers who kept laughing at Luke like teenagers would do.

Robin was like a sister to Luke. They talked about everything. She was the only teacher who liked him for who he was and didn't care that he was gay. But, now she was gone and Luke was the reason. It was his fault. He should've never agreed to being with Calum.

Sighing and looking down at his food no longer feeling hungry, Luke felt a presence next to him making him look up slightly. "Hey Mr. Hemmings."

Sighing, Luke glanced down at the young boy. He immediately realized who it was since it was one of his students. "You are not allowed to sit here, Kyle."

"I know, but I don't want you sitting alone. I know how mean the teachers are being towards you right now. I think it's fine that you fell in love with someone, even if it was bad that he was married. You two probably loved each other or else you wouldn't have done what you did." Kyle smiled, patting Luke's hand which was resting on the table. For such a young boy, he knew the difference between right and wrong. The act of kindness and forgiveness. Luke felt proud since he knew Kyle's parents were in the same situation. That meant he had taught Kyle well without even realizing.

Watching as the small boy shrugged and took his food out of his lunchbox, Luke slouched in his seat and stared at the small boy. He gave Kyle a small smile as the small boy went into a long conversation about his Lego collection; Luke's day was brightened.

Thank you so so much to 5SecondsofToast_ for writing this chapter!! This little queen will be helping me finish the rest of this story and I'm very grateful!

Only four more chapters !!!!

Thoughts? :)

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE