2.2

It was now Saturday, a day for Luke to hide away from civilization. He was exhausted not just physically but mentally. All the insults he had been receiving the past few days were terrible. The whole town knows about what he did making it difficult for him to even go out to get the mail. The only person that still has talks to him is Kian, who is currently with him.

"You need to go buy some groceries cause your fridge is empty.", said Kian as he came back from the kitchen munching on an apple. "Hmmm I wonder why." Luke sarcastically said as he got up from his couch.

"I'm gonna go get groceries you wanna come?" Luke asked Kian as he grabbed his car keys ready to head out.

After getting a nod of confirmation from Kian. The two headed out the door into Luke's car. The drive there was a silent one with only the hum of the radio on. It was a comfortable silence, a silence Luke hasn't had for a while.

Turning off the engine the two boys got out of the car and started their way towards the supermarket. "So what should I look for?" Kian asked unsure if Luke wanted his help or not.

"You can buy the snacks, but not to much remember I'm on a teacher's salary. I'll buy the healthy-ish foods we need." He explained to him.

Going their separate ways with shopping baskets hanging from their arms, the two began to shop.

Calum was stressed, like beyond stressed. He had been thinking of ways to approach like. He didn't know what to do, or how to do it. Calum was scared of seeing the blonde boy once again.

He knew the boy was having a hard time. Calum was going through the same thing. The insults stopped affecting him after a while. It became a daily occurrence and he just learned to block it all out.

Calum was in love with Luke. He wanted him back in his arms, to be able to kiss him and be near him. He knew he screwed up when he didn't tell his ex-wife, but he just couldn't tell his high school sweetheart that he was cheating on her.

Rubbing his face with his hands Calum got up to go get a beer. Opening his fridge he sighed when he realized he was out of beer and food. Shutting his fridge door he grabbed his keys. Slipping on a beanie he walked out of the house into his car.

The car ride only took him five minutes, it was a car ride filled with old rock songs. Shutting his car down and closing his door. Calum grabbed a shopping cart that happened to be next to him.

Walking inside the large supermarket he walked towards the dairy section. Grabbing a milk carton, some cheese, and eggs. Calum strolled down towards the bread isle. Roaming his eyes on all the bread brands trying to find bagels Calum didn't notice the tall blonde walking on the left side of the same isle.

"Oh I'm so sorry.", said Calum when he noticed that he was blocking the way. After not getting a response back Calum looked up and saw a nervous looking Luke trying to walk past him.

"Oh.....ummm....hi Luke." Calum awkwardly spoke as he scratched the back of his neck. "Hi." 

"Would you look at that, the tramp and the cheating scum together." A women who walked towards the bread tsked under her breath. Awkwardly shifting around on his feet Calum waited for her to leave before speaking. "I'm so so sorry for the mess I put us in. I really am." Calum sighed while looking up at Luke who had a frown etched on his face. "It's fine, it's partly my fault for not waiting for you to end your marriage." Luke shrugged making Calum shake his head but kept quiet not wanting to start an argument.

"I'm sorry too."

Luke mumbled to the boy he had been trying to avoid all week and succeeded until today. He said it too quietly that Calum didn't even hear him.

"How have you been?" Calum asked trying to cut the awkward tension down. "I've been fine." He answered while putting on a smile that Calum immediately noticed was fake making him frown.

"That's good." He answered now knowing what else to say.

"Yeah.....how have you been?"

"I've been good." Calum answered back while stuffing his hands in his jean pocket.

"Oh okay..." Luke mumbled while trying to find a reason to leave.

"Luke! Gosh I've been looking all over for you. Oh.....I'm sorry am I interpreting something?" A tall boy with tattoos all over his skin asked.

"No, no you weren't, I'll umm see you around." Calum said with a forced smile trying to hold back the jealousy. "Yeah, bye.", was the last thing he heard from Luke as he was already making his way down the isle.

Putting his keys into his house door Calum gathered up all the bags with one hand. Pushing the door open, he slammed it shut with his foot.

"I'm home!" He screamed not knowing if anyone was home, and if they're he wanted to make his presence known.

Putting the groceries on the counter Calum heard something creaking making him furrow his eyebrows. Walking towards his bedroom that was right in front of Ashton's.

Hearing moans coming from both Ashton and Michael, Calum yelled, "You guys are gross! Ewwww!"

Slamming his bedroom door shut and quickly covering his eyes with headphones. He put his favorite playlist on full blast not wanting to hear Michael and Ashton getting it on.

Boy was this gonna be a long night.

Thank you so much to 5SecondsofToast_ for writing this chapter!! I hope you guys liked it!

Only two more chapters!

Predictions?

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE