0.6

"How was your weekend?" Robin asked, taking a sip from her juice box. She placed her sandwich on her brown paper bag with a smile and held her juice box with both hands.

"It was okay, I just watched the soccer game. Nothing special." Luke shrugged, poking his fork at his salad. He didn't want to eat the salad but he knew he wasn't eating right and he needed to start.

"Me too. Well, my husband watched the game and I just graded papers. So, are you married or dating anyone?" Robin pressed.

"Nope, I live alone and I like it that way. Maybe one day I can find someone who actually likes me." Luke replied as he looked around the cafeteria, mentally praying that the end of his lunch would end soon. He didn't like talking about his love life with other people. But Robin was his only friend.

"That's good." Robin mumbled.

Luke looked at his watch and saw that lunch time was over. He told Robin goodbye and stood up from the table, throwing away his trash and taking his class back to the classroom.

Ever since the almost kiss between him and the married man, Luke has felt very weird. Calum hasn't texted him about it or texted him at all. Yeah, Luke seduced him a little and that wasn't like him at all. He was an awkward young man who could barely hug someone without stumbling or tripping.

He was kind of worried because what if Calum just said that he wanted to be Luke's friend so the almost kiss wasn't that awkward. Luke really wanted another friend to hang out with on the weekends, this "friend" was just a very attractive and married one.

Calum being married shouldn't bother him.

While thinking about all of this, Luke totally forgot that he had a class to teach. He was just standing in front of all the children with a blank expression on his face. He shook his head and put his lunch box into his bag, informing the class what they were going to be doing.

"Have a good day!" Luke shouted to his class, watching all of the children rush out of the classroom with laughter and smiles. He chuckled when seeing them all tripping over each other.

Luke sighed as he looked around the room, he saw that all of the desks were in different directions and not in place. The blonde groaned softly to himself and began shifting the desks back into their places.

Suddenly he heard a desk move that he wasn't already shifting. Luke looked up and saw Calum standing there with his hands holding onto the desk and moving it into its place. The tan man grinned at him. "Hey."

"Hi. What are you doing here?" Luke asked, continuing to move the desks around and Calum followed along.

"I called in sick at work today and I wanted to hang out. For real this time, as friends obviously. I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach with me? Not to swim, we can just walk around and talk?" Calum explained, tightening his coat around his body.

"Really? I mean — yeah, sure. That sounds good. Just let me pack my stuff." Luke nodded, finishing shifting the desks and walking over to his own. He grabbed his bag from the floor and placed it in his chair, picking up some papers and pens and putting them into the bag.

Calum rocked on the balls of his feet and looked around the classroom. It was very dull and plain white. But he smiled softly when seeing children's artworks hanging all over the walls. He shoved his hands in his pockets and glanced at Luke before continuing to look around the room.