Chapter 31

6 weeks later

"Here's your coffee babe," I said as I handed Aug his flask for the road.

"You seen ma keys?" He asked feeling his pockets with his other hand.

"Uhh..I think it's next to mine on the end table," I told him as I hopped to get my other heel on.

We were both busy, and both running late. August had to go to New York for some promo for his album and I had an interview/shoot with Nike Athletics -since they were making me a spokesperson.

"Good morning," my dad came in cheerfully saying.

I mumbled back good morning through the bagel I had in my mouth.

"Take some for T too baby," I urged August as he grabbed the bagel sandwiches Ms Catherine had made for the road.

I finished up my bagel as I dropped my day planner into my Birkin bag.

"Daddy can we go to the park today?" Brie waltzed in with her coloring book and crayons asking.

"Not today babeh. daddy has ta go on da plane today, remember?" He said, checking his watch.

She pouted a little, beginning to get sad at the prospect of Aug leaving.

"Mommy? Can we go?" She turned and asked me

I sighed, " Brie honey, Mommy has to work too. You're gonna be staying with Aunty Dawn & Q for the weekend,"

I tried to get her excited by reminding her but her eyes were round and glistening with tears about to fall now.

"But I wants you and daddy to stay," her lips quivered as she said sadly.

August and I looked at each other. My flight was half an hour after his, and although we were planning on riding to the airport together; Brie control had to be done.

"How about me and you color this pretty picture in your coloring book for a while huh?" I said as I put down my phone and grabbed her crayons.

A smile spread across her face.

"You go ahead, traffic is crazy. I'll just call an uber to drop me off in 15 minutes" I whispered over to August

He nodded.

"Aight Brie babeh, daddy'll see you soon aight? Gimme kiss," he told her as he crouched down to her.

"Love you," she told him after kissing him

"Luh you more babeh," he said to her.

I stood in front of him and fixed the collar of his jacket, "D got all you guys  boarding passes right?"

As I recalled this time his manager forgot his pass at the house.

He chuckled, " Yessss luv," he looked down at me as I finished fixing him up, then planted a quick kiss on my forehead.

"Imma see yall in 2 days,"

I nodded, "be safe"

He backed away from me as he mouthed I love you, then pulled out the handle to his carryon, and left out.

*************

Mikaela

"Alrightttt. So Princess Ariel looks just as pretty as Princess Jasmine," I placed down the red crayon and looked at my watch.

It was 20 minutes later and I really needed to get going now. The uber had just pulled up in front of the main gate.

"Can we go to the park now mommy?" Brie asked