Chapter 52

Mikaela

The voice over the PA system calling for a doctor awoke me, but it still took me a couple seconds to remember where I was.

I opened my eyes and leaned up on my elbows from the waiting room seat where I fell asleep last night.

"August, " I whispered as a panic set in, since he wasn't anywhere around.

I stood up trying to find my phone in my hoodie pocket to call him since he should've been back from going to the house with the police hours ago.

As I dialed his number I began speedwalking towards Brie's room.

"Babeh," I heard his voice as I looked over my shoulder and saw him approaching me.

"Oh thank God. I thought you weren't back as yet." I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

"I been back fa some time na' but I ain't wanted ta wake you. Hea'...I gotchu some breakfast," he said as I let go of him and now noticed the deli paper bag in his hand.

"Thanks," I said as he handed it to me. "Did you get a chance to talk to the doctor about Brie? How's she doing?" I questioned him as I looked back at her door

"She's still sleep ma. I spoke to da doctor about half an hour ago. She said dey still got ha on da antidote." He said as his face sunk talking about it.

"Well can we go in and see her? It's morning now, " I asked as I searched his face for an optimistic response.

"Not just yet. They don't want anyone near ha til-" he paused as we both noticed Big T and Dawn coming.

"Hey goon, " T gave him dap then moved over to hug me.

"Any progress?" Dawn asked as she also hugged me.

We explained to her what the doctor had told August.

T sighed, " this is some bullshit."

"I brought my GodBaby a get well soon present, but I was anxious to hear what was the latest before bringing it in here. T come help me carry the flowers?" Dawn said

"Thanks guys," I said as they headed for the parking lot.

"So what happened with the police last night? " I said as August led me over to a small table with chairs in the corner.

**************

August

"When we got to da house everything was as I'd left it so I had ta give da police a walk through of exactly what happened" I began explainin ta Miky.

*flashback*

"So after you were done playing that's when you went and made her the smoothie, correct?" Officer Daniels asked me.

"Yea. I took ha to da kitchen with me, our puppy- Pax- followed with his lil greedy ass of course," I said as I made ma way into da kitchen.

"Alright. Then," he said as he followed.

"I took out all da ingredients and started whippin' up ha smoothie," I told him as I relived dat day.

"Mr Alsina can you show us exactly what you put in?" One of the forensic scientists who'd come wit us asked.

"Uhh..some bananas- those are in da fridge. Some ice cubes and ha milk. Da milk's in da pantry over thea'." I pointed to whea it was at.

"And who does the grocery shopping?" Office Daniels questioned me.

I sighed, "Ma girl- Mikaela."

"Does she personally pick these up at the stores or have it delivered?" Da csi asked as she swabbed inside da blender I'd used.