Chapter 50

Mikaela

"Babeh you gon have ta go ta work eventually," August said as I weighed my options.

"Maybe I could work from home for another month....or year or-"

"Nah nah nah," August said cutting me off, " how you gon do yo walk throughs at ya client's events?"

I thought about it for a second, "FaceTime??"

"Babeh," he said as he pulled me towards him.

"I know. I know. We're gonna have to be away from her at times," I said as he rubbed my shoulders.

"I just dont want to," I mumbled placing my head on his chest.

"It gon' get easier as time goes by. But we got ta do it," he reassured me.

"So you're ready to head back on the road soon?" I looked up and questioned him

He pursed his lips as he thought about the answer, " prolly we gon both have ta learn ta face time...Imma need ta do some holographic concerts and shit,"

We both chuckled at his words.

"Okay. I should go tell her goodbye now I guess," I said leaning away from him.

We both walked into the living room where Brie sat on the floor on August's ipad.

I automatically frowned, "Babe who's she talking to on there?"

But I got an answer before Aug could tell me.

"You gotta drink all your milk. Cause milk got calcium. That's a major key right there Brie. Calcium make you stronger than ALL your haters,"

Abrianna giggled, " ok Uncka Kalid,"

"Oh what up fam?" Khaled said when he noticed us standing in the back.

"Whatchu been tellin ma daughta'? " August asked him with a smile.

"I called to speak with you, but Brie picked up.. and you know I gotta inform baby girl. We had Mini Mogul talk- to help her win against all the future bomboclat evil people!"

My eyes widened at his words.

"Don't worry, I ain't used those words with her," he assured us.

August laughed a little, " aight man. Well we gotta go. Mind hittin' me up lata'?"

"For sure brother," Dj Khaled told Aug before ending the conversation.

"Bye bye Uncka Kalid!!" Brie waved quickly at him when she realised he was about to go off Face Time.

"Brie babeh come hea and say bye to ya mama, she bout ta leave fa work," Aug called to Brie who looked over our way.

"You goin on the plane mommy?" She asked with sadness laced in her tone.

"Nooo sweetie, to mommy's office. I'll be back before dinner time," I explained to her.

Her expression instantly changed. "Ok!" She said back cheerfully.

"Mommy's gonna miss you," I said picking her up and hugging her.

"But if you need me for anything, you can always have daddy call me alright?" I said fighting back the pang of sadness I felt come over me.

"Uh huh. Love you mommy," Brie told me in my ear.

"Love you too pumpkin," I said kissing her cheek.

I was overly emotional before actually stepping out the door

"Be sure to eat all your carrot snack okay?" I called to her.