Chapter 9: The Wedding Night

In marriage there are no manners to keep up, and beneath the wildest accusations no real criticism.

-Enid Bagnold

Coco Spencer's POV

I still couldn't believe that I am already a married woman. Hard to believe that only thirty minutes ago I was still a single woman. Examining my wedding and engagement ring on my finger I couldn't help but smile.

I was waiting for Rafe who ordered our food on the counter area. I sat at the table near the glass window looking outside the busy street of London. I looked at my husband while he was busy giving our order. My heart warmed at the thought, that handsome man wearing a suit on the counter is my husband.

Women inside the fast-food area kept looking at him like he was an underwear model in a huge billboard. I frowned openly. Didn't they realize that he's already married? I freaking slip the wedding band in his finger a while ago.

If they didn't avert their gaze to my husband I would stand from this table and informed them one by one if necessary that he's already married to me...

"What's with the scary glare, Signorina?"

I didn't realize that he's already standing in front of me. I looked up to see the concern on his face. I smiled slightly for his benefit. "Nothing."

"Nothing?" He echoed disbelievingly. "You look like a woman who is ready to murder someone any moment."

I sighed and muttered something under my breath. I looked at the glass window as he placed down our food on the table. It wasn't his fault that he's such a good-looking man. "Not someone but everyone."

"What?" He asked, after taking the chair opposite to mine. "What's wrong? Did something happen when I am away?"

I smiled brightly, as I smell my quarter-pounder burger. I took my large chips and started to devour them. I just remember how hungry I was because I didn't eat anything last night with my excitement for today and what I have for breakfast a while ago just a piece of bread and coffee.

"Take it easy," Rafe said with a stunned face. "You will choke if you eat with that kind of pace. We're not in a hurry so eat slowly."

"Sorry," I said after I swallowed hard the food in my mouth. I wiped my lips with the napkins on the tray. "I'm really hungry. Oh! That reminds me," I moved away from the food in our table and tapped the clean area in front of us. "Place your left hand here."

His eyebrows drew together. "Why?"

I smiled brightly in his direction. I could see that his eyes filled with questions about my request. I just want this day to be remembered forever. "Come on, do as I told you. I just want to take a picture of our hands together each with rings."

I nearly laughed out loud when I saw his eyebrow drew together even more. "Why do want to do such a thing?"

I rolled my eyes. He's really difficult sometimes. But that's what attracts me to him in the first place his reserved demeanor. He's the type of man who shows cold expression always and hiding his true self. "I want to post it to my Insta account, okay?"

"What's an Insta?"

I stared at him indecorously. "Seriously? You are asking me what is Insta? You don't know? Haven't you heard the word 'social media' before? Which part of earth you are living in? Does the internet already reach your hometown? Insta stands for 'Instagram', you clueless man."

He scowled at me in return. "Of course, we already have internet back in Ragusa."

"I get it you don't have any social media accounts then?" I asked, though I already knew the answer. "Gosh, you are really a man from the past. Tell me, what is the use of the internet to you?"