Chapter 21: London, England

If you go anywhere, even paradise, you will miss your home.

-Malala Yousafzai

Coco Spencer's POV

"Home sweet home," I muttered as I stared at the familiar English manor in front of me. It felt like I've been away longer than a week of staying in Sicily, hard to be believed that I was already backed in London.

"What's with the not so cheerful tone, Signorina?"

I turned around to see my husband, picking up our luggage in the trunk of the car smiling ironically in my direction. "I just found out that I didn't miss this place in my week of absences even one bit. What I don't understand is why do I have to live under the same roof with my spiteful relatives? I have a nice flat back in the city."

"Your grandfather's request according to his last will." He stated simply, he walked where I was standing in the foyer of the Spencer manor. "You don't need to pout at the thought of you living here. You will have wrinkles on your face at an early age. It's not forever, you know, only a whole year and after that, you are free to live wherever you want."

"Still," I informed him dryly, while started taking the marble steps slowly. "A whole year living with them feels like decades to me."

My husband smiled at me thoughtfully. "Your grandfather's last will didn't state that you have to spend your day inside the manor. You roam the city the whole day if you want to avoid their company."

"That's a nice thought, honey." I looked gratefully at him. Before we could even ring the doorbell a uniformed maid opened the door for us. "See? Every wall of this place has eyes. I bet that my good-for-nothing relatives already knew that we arrived from our trip."

"Shall we greet them?" Rafe asked as we walked to the grand staircase.

I threw a glare in his direction. "Like I will do such a thing? That's the last thing I want to do after our vacation overseas."

He gave me a throaty laugh but didn't answer. We walked to the silent corridor of the east wing of the manor where our bedroom was located. Once we were in the bedroom he carefully placed our luggage at the side of the bed.

"Are you going to the office now?" I asked him, removing my jacket while sitting on the bed to face him.

"Yes," He replied, doing the same thing with his jacket. "But I will take a quick shower and change my clothes."

"Will you be busy the whole day?" I queried, studying his handsome form. I guessed I could consider our trip to Sicily to be our honeymoon since we're back in London he would be extremely busy rebuilding their company. "Can I expect you to be here before dinner time?"

He smiled at me sadly. "I will try but I can't promise you, cara mia. If I am not at home by seven tonight you should eat your dinner without me, okay? I will be very busy at the office today. Cesare introduced me to an English businessman who is interested in investing in Moretti Industries. I have a meeting with him this afternoon."

"English businessman, you say?" I repeated with a frown on my eyebrow. "Does he have a daughter?"

"Not that I am aware of?" He counted, probably mulling his brain for information. I couldn't help but admire his sexy body as he strip in front of me unconsciously. I shouldn't feel embarrassed since I already saw every inch of his body but... "Why do you ask, anyway?"

"Just curious," I answered him intently. It's hard to conduct a conversation with him while he was almost naked in front of me. He stood proudly with his boxers. If I didn't know better I would assume that he's silently seducing me.