Chapter 17: The Party

There's always some amount of gradual, slow burning destruction over the course of partying.

-Gavin DeGraw

Coco Spencer's POV

One hour before the party starts I was dressing in our bedroom. Rafe was already done a few minutes ago and went out to talk privately to the birthday celebrant in his study room. I assumed that their talk has something to do with business which was a boring topic in my opinion.

I smiled to myself, as I remember how devastatingly handsome he was when I saw him in his tuxedo. Last night, we finally did it. I was beyond happy that we're back to the smooth sailing of our married life. My temporary insanity about my jealousy towards the Fiorenza sisters was slowly fading away as I spent time with them.

I picked up the evening gown I bought yesterday. It was a modest black mermaid dress to accentuate my hourglass figure. I was about to slip on the dress when a light knock sounded on the door.

"Come in," I said, tightening my bathrobe securely around my waist.

I saw Leila peeked at the doorway with a devious smile playing on her burgundy lips. "I'm just in time then." She announced brightly, coming inside the room. She carefully closed the door behind her. I sighed when I saw the sexy red dress in her hand. "I came here to make sure you honor our dear, Mrs. Moretti. So I deliver this dress personally. I don't want mishap from the maid's part in case you couldn't wear it tonight."

"Are you serious about that deal?" I asked sadly, eyeing the fire red dress in her hand. "I mean, have mercy on me. This is my introduction to the conservative Sicilian society as Rafe's wife. I don't want to create scandal wearing that dress."

Leila clicked her tongue. "You must know by now that I'm a cruel woman. I don't have a heart for pleas and I like creating uproar whenever I'm around. Besides, I already help you to mend your misunderstanding with Rafe it's now time for you to repay me."

I stared at her appearance for a long moment. She's already dressed for the party. She's wearing a wine-colored lace gown with a deep v-neckline and slits on the center that shows her long legs. "What will you achieve from this?"

"Satisfaction," She answered cheerfully. "I want to see the straight-laced Rafe become green with jealousy when men at the party couldn't take their eyes off you."

I sighed deeply, staring at the down in her hand. "As if that will happen, he's the most controlled man I've ever met in my life. He can control his emotion in public very well."

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you, my dear." She said mysteriously. "You don't know what a man can do when his wife is the subject of the other men's adoration. Even the heartless ones can realize that they have hearts too just like normal people."

I eyed her dryly. "Why do I perceived that you have already proven this theory before? And if you are, why are you dress like that? From what I saw with your husband he's a very possessive man. Do you think he will approve your revealing outfit?"

"So won't." The crazy woman answered cheerfully. "He has no idea that I'm wearing this sexy evening gown. But how can I let pass the opportunity to wear something sexy again after I gave birth to my son." She looked down at her full breast. "Don't you think my boobs are ready to pop out anytime soon? What can I say I'm nursing my son?"

I sighed again, "I think before Rafe could get jealous about me. Your husband already flips few tables at the party."

She waved her hand like the scenario was not a big deal. "Don't worry about him. He might just do that. But I can always calm him after the party in our bed. He loves nothing more than peeling every sexy dress I wear with his own hands." She pushed the red dress into my hands. "Now wear this party is about to start. Pair that dress in equally red lipstick."