Chapter 23: The Plan

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.

-George S. Patton

Coco Spencer's POV

"What's with the frown early this morning, mia moglie?" Rafe asked me while busy fixing his tie. He was halfway ready to leave for office.

I frowned in my eyebrow intensified as I met his gaze through the reflection in the mirror. I somehow managed to remove my eyes from the screen of my mobile phone. "So I took a photo of you while sleeping awhile ago and posted it in my Instagram account..."

It was his turned to scowl in my direction. "Why did you do such a thing? Why did you post my picture online without my permission? Remove it instantly, Corrine."

I met his glowering face without even blinking. "You look so handsome while sleeping awhile ago and I followed my instinct to capture that moment and my impulsive decision to share it with my followers to show them how gorgeous my husband is but..."

"But...?" He asked curiously when I trailed off my words. I looked away and felt the frustration runs through my body. "What happened to my picture online?"

I glared at him. I knew I shouldn't blame him for being too gorgeous and all, but I couldn't help it. "One hour after posting it online your picture gained two hundred fifty-thousand likes. Hell, that number is almost half of my Insta followers. I never had a single photo with that amount of likes even since I joined."

"Is that good or bad?" He asked unknowingly. I stared at him for a long moment, was he serious? When times like this I want to smack his head for being naïve when it comes to social media.

I rolled my eyes at stared at him darkly. "Of course, it's freaking good on your part and freaking bad on my part, you clueless man."

I heard him sighed deeply, shaking his head. "Okay, since you already call me a clueless man. I might as well grab the opportunity to ask what do you mean by your statement that uploaded picture is good for me and bad for you, wife?"

I scratched the back of my head irritably. "That means all my female followers probably fell in love at your sleeping photo—that's good for you right? You just prove that your Sicilian features are lethal to women's admiration. You should be very happy about that though."

He surprised me when he suddenly smiles devilishly in my direction. "I will be please by that conclusion of yours if only you are jealous about your followers, mia amore."

I felt my cheeks warming but ignore it. "As if, Rafe. Me? Corrine Cordelia Moretti will be jealous of my followers? No way!"

He nodded in agreement but I could see laughter dancing in his eyes. "Yeah, right. You are not the jealous type that's why you nearly pulled out every hair of Stella Clarke in her head with your bare hands when you saw her in my office. I believed her hair extensions are still in my garbage bin in the office."

"Why do you still have those fake hairs?" I eyed him suspiciously.

He shrugged casually. "So incase the Clarke heiress comes back she would remember the last time she tried to make moves on me my wife nearly make her bald with her hands."

"I think that's not the reason for keeping them," I told him seriously, crossing my arms in the middle of my chest. "I think you are just amusing yourself with the fact that I started a catfight because of you."

"Maybe..." Rafe said with a grin, he started moving in my direction. "...maybe not. The thing is, I love how overprotective my wife is when it comes to me. I wouldn't mind that at all."