Chapter 10: The Breakfast

Every meal should end with something sweet.

- Robert Irvine

Rafe Moretti's POV

I woke up with a severe headache. It seems like something was pounding inside my skull. Then I remember the reason behind my headache this morning. We played truth or dare last night. My eyes suddenly shot to open and scanned the place. That's right, we were married yesterday and she stayed here. I looked at my body to see that I was still fully clothed.

Did nothing happen last night? I asked myself silently. Ignoring my hangover I went out of the bed to search for the familiar blond woman around my suit. I found her having breakfast in the kitchen while she's so occupied typing furiously on her laptop.

"Good morning, Signorina." I greeted her with a smile, as I went to her place and give her a greeting kiss. She averted her head backward so I couldn't kiss her. The way her head moved backward was enough to detach her head to her neck.

I frowned at her but I was shocked when I saw the insolent glare she threw in my direction. Her blue-grey eyes snapped with fire. "What's so good about this morning, Mister?"

"What's wrong?" I asked casually, trying to have a pleasant conversation with her early this morning. I took the chair across to her to start my breakfast. "You seem to be in a bad mood this morning. Are you not comfortable sleeping next to another person?"

From my position on the table, I could see clearly that she gritted her teeth as the glare intensified immensely. "You claim that you didn't know why I am in a bad mood today, Rafaelle Moretti?"

I shook my head and started to grab a piece of bread on the table when she swatted my hand like a flying insect. "Aw! What's that for?"

"Everything you see in the freaking table is mine." She announced firmly. "If you want to have your breakfast go and order at the lobby by yourself."

I took a deep breath and stared at her intently. "Okay, tell me what's going on? Why are you behaving like this? I want to know why."

From the looked in her eyes she was about to kill me this instant. "All right fine, I will tell you. I'm also writing it to my blog, see?" The way she hit the keyboard was quite alarming. She was saying her thoughts out loud as she types them furiously on her laptop. "'First day as I married woman. This morning I woke up in a foul mood, why you ask? Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that my husband last night fell asleep in the middle of his seduction leaving me frustrated throughout the night twisting and turning in the bed while the bastard slept soundly beside me. This was not what I expected when I imagine my wedding night. For those women reading my blog please take note never let your husband drink on your wedding day or you will suffer the same fate as mine.'"

"That's the reason why you're so angry?" I asked after silence filled the kitchen area. I didn't really remember what happened last night very clearly the last thing I remember last night as we're on the bed and I'm kissing her with lack of restraint.

She stood from her chair and hit the table with her palms. "Yes, Rafe. That's the reason why I am fumingly angry with you. One moment you unleashed this caveman attitude of yours telling me 'tonight you will claim me, tonight I will be yours, tonight you will be the only man who has the right to sleep in my bed'—then, the next you are soundly sleeping in my chest? What kind of man will do such a thing? I mean, do I look undesirable to you for you to fall asleep during our making love?"

I scratched the back of my head. "I'm really sorry that I fell asleep last night, Signorina. That wasn't my intention. Maybe I'm just so tired or drunk too much last night..." The air suddenly knocked out of my lungs as she suddenly unknots her bathrobe and showed her bare breast right before my eyes. Thank goodness she's wearing her lace thong this time but you could still see her private parts. Damn this woman and her self-confidence. The last time I wanted this morning was an unwanted erection. I glared at her. "...what are you doing?"