Chapter 19: The Good Wife

If you would have a good wife, marry one who has been a good daughter.

-Thomas Fuller

Coco Spencer's POV

I stared at the three-story mansion as I slid out of the car. We have a very busy day ahead of us as Rafe told me last night and he wasn't lying. After we retire early from the party yesterday and making out of the wall of the room our own party didn't end there. Once we were on the bed he kept seducing me again and again and again throughout the night.

I peeked at him while he slid out of the driver's seat. How could this straight-laced Sicilian man be a wild beast in bed? I asked myself silently. From his appearance today no one would think how wicked that mouth of his when he wanted to. I felt myself blushing at the thought of him and his mouth doing exploration in my body last night.

"Are you okay?" He asked concernedly, but I could see deviltry in his light brown eyes. From the smirked in his face he knew what's going on inside my head right now.

"Okay?" I asked tartly, narrowing my eyes in his direction. "You didn't let me get a decent sleep last night. You kept on making love to me until the wee hours of the morning."

He laughed heartily. He didn't feel any remorse about his action last night. "So now you have a fair warning not to play with my jealousy, my love. I will not let you sleep again if you made me jealous again with other men."

"I didn't talk to them to make you jealous, honey," I informed him, rolling my eyes. "It was just your own assumption."

He shrugged indifferently, walking towards the trunk of his car to get our luggage. "Maybe not intentionally but you let Leila generate something evil and play with my jealousy. You don't know well the Sicilian men, mia moglie. We are very jealous when it comes to our wives. You have to keep that in mind."

I scowled at him openly. "Why are you accusing Leila about this? She's innocent to your action last night."

Rafe laughed dryly which made me cringe. "Leila? Innocent? Forgive me, Signorina. It's just I cannot comprehend the word Leila and innocent together. That woman is anything but innocent. When fate spills evilness in mankind Leila is in the front row."

"You are so harsh with her, Rafe." I chided him. "She is not that bad. A little mischievous maybe, but nothing more."

I saw him shook his head regretfully. "You are really fallen to her trap."

I didn't have time to protest his claim since he led me to the entrance door of his childhood home. A maid opened the door for us and I was amazed when I saw their receiving room. The Mediterranean-style mansion of the Moretti family, a combination of white and beige color in the wall and ceiling around the house to give contrasting color of red and brown for their furniture.

"Beautiful home," I commented looking around the area. It gives you a welcoming aura unlike the cold aristocratic feel of Spencer manor.

"My father built this house for my mother when they are starting their married life together." He said with such pride in his voice but with a hint of sadness. "And this is the only property left in our family after our company broke down. My mother couldn't let this home go. She loves this so much."

"Rafaelle!" The voice of a middle-aged woman sounded on the staircase. We both turn around and saw a beautiful woman deciding on the stairs.

I saw Rafe broke into a smile. "Mama."

I took a deep breath and prepared myself as the woman approached us. How am I supposed to greet my mother-in-law? I asked myself silent. This was the first time meeting her. Would she be glad that I am her only son's wife? Does she expect me to be a good Sicilian wife to Rafe? Suddenly I felt nervous upon meeting her. I didn't have enough time to prepare myself for this encounter.