Chapter 33: The Wedding Reception

It's a great, great experience to finally get the reception that you know you rightfully deserve.

-Kendrick Lamar

Rafe Moretti's POV

"Are you happy?" I asked the woman in my arms as we stood in the grand ballroom of the Grand Hotel Villa Giulia. It was not easy to rent the whole place at short notice because people booked their stay here months ago before I even decide that I want this place for my surprise wedding to Coco. Thank goodness I have an influential godfather who didn't hesitate to use his power to help me rent this whole place.

"I still feel that everything is surreal." She answered looking around the progressing wedding reception. "I'm not quite sure yet that this is real maybe I'm just dreaming right now. How did you manage to pull this off with our friends and family without my knowledge."

I took her hand and kissed it. The engagement and wedding ring glinted in when it was caught by lights. "Nothing is impossible when you are determined with whatever work you have."

"Still," She said with a smile, her eyes shined with love and happiness. I vowed never to let those love and happiness left her eyes as long as I live. "I must admit that you outwit me today with this surprise wedding. I thought that you're not interested in marrying me again. I thought that we're going to get old by just living together."

"As if I would let it happened, I don't want our child to be born out of wedlock. As you know I'm a traditional Sicilian man I want our child to carry my name. I don't want to be illegitimate."

She beamed at me, looking around. "Speaking of being a traditional Sicilian man is this really how a traditional Sicilian wedding looks like with lots of dancing and good laughter?"

"Yes," I answered with pride. "Do you like it?"

Her blue-grey eyes lit with love. "I don't like it, Rafe. I love it! This is more than I expected when I walked down the aisle a while ago. I never expect this kind of wedding party after the ceremony. I never thought I'll probably have the happiest wedding in history."

I was about to get a kiss from my wife's lovely lips when a voice joined in. "Ah, so here's where the bride and groom are hiding. You should be at the center of this party."

I momentarily closed my eyes and muttered a curse. Trust Marco Orsini and his timing. I turned around with a fake smile on my face. "Marco. Francesca."

"Sorry to bother your sweet moments together but we just want to personally congratulate you. This is probably one of the most romantic weddings I've attended." Francesca Orsini said with pleasure.

"Thank you," I replied genuinely at her. I sometimes wonder if this lovely lady knew the antics her husband was doing when she's not around. How he kidnapped somebody like it was the most natural thing to do.

"I heard that Leandro's younger sister was the one who created your wedding gown," Francesca remarked examining carefully Coco's gown. "It's lovely. I want to ask her if she can make a dinner dress for me for my upcoming charity event next month."

My wife beamed at her. "I'm sure she will be delighted to make one for you. Come, I will introduce you to Lucia. I want to repay her kindness with this wedding that's why I will help her get potential customers."

"Oh, that's lovely." Francesca removed her arm from Marco. She looked at her husband with an innocent look. "Mind if we leave you guys for a while?"

"Of course, darling." Her husband smiled adoringly at her. It was as clear as the day that Marco Orsini was deeply in love with his wife. Who would have thought that a man like him would surrender completely to a woman like her?